These Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Fries are perfectly cooked in the air fryer for the best crispy fries. Flavored with garlic and Parmesan cheese these are the perfect side dish.
Potatoes have so many versatile uses, finding more recipes to make in my air fryer is really not that hard. My Air Fryer is one of my favorite kitchen tools and I use it for a lot of my side dishes with dinner. I have a few Air Fryer recipes with potatoes like my Air Fryer Red Potatoes or my Air Fryer Ranch Potatoes, so these Air Fryer Fries are a perfect addition to the blog.
How to make Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Fries:
Most of my Air Fryer recipes are made pretty quickly. Due to the nature of making these fries it does take a little bit longer. Slice and prepare your potatoes and then soak them. Pat them dry and then prepare your air fryer. Season your fries and then add them to the air fryer. Bake and when done, while still hot toss them in your shredded Parmesan Cheese.
- Russet Potatoes - leave the skins on.
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder - for a stronger garlic flavor use a minced garlic clove.
- Onion Powder
- Parmesan Cheese - shredded.
Step One: Preheat air fryer to 400 F according to manufacturer instructions.
- Cooking Tip: To preheat an air fryer turn it on and set the timer for 5 minutes.
- Cooking Tip: If you cut the fries too thin, they will char pretty quickly in the fryer.
- Cooking Tip: Using the oil will help make the fries crispier. Extra oil in the air fryer bottom will help make them crispy as well.
- Cooking Tip: For crispier fries allow them to cook for the full 15 minutes.
What should you serve with French Fries:
French Fries are the perfect side dish for burgers, hot dogs, or even steak. They can also be eaten as a snack! Serve some of these dipping sauces with your fries.
- Ketchup - the most popular dipping sauce for French Fries.
- Ranch - a classic dip for French Fries.
- Sour Cream - a more mild dip, but it goes well with these fries.
How to reheat Air Fryer French Fries:
Typically, fried food doesn't reheat well. With an air fryer you an reheat them once if they get cold. Reheat in the air fryer at 400 F for about 3-5 minutes.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Air Fryer Parmesan Fries
- 2 large russet potatoes (skins on)
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil (more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
- Preheat air fryer to 400 F according to manufacturer instructions.
- Start by washing and dryer potatoes but leave the skin on.
- Cut them in ¼ inch wide strips and then each strip into ¼ inch wide strips. Cutting them the same size will help cooking evenly.
- Soak the potato strips in room temperature water for 15-30 minute. After soaking pat potatoes dry.
- Place potato strips in a large boil or zip lock bag. To your potatoes add oil garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper. Massage potatoes to make sure that they are all evenly coated.
- Once the air fryer is preheated add seasoned potato stripes to the air fryer basket. Allow to cook for 10 minutes then remove and shake the basket to toss the fries. Then place the basket back into the air fryer to cook for on additional 10-15 minutes until fries are crispy and cooked through.
- Optional: Transfer the hot fries into a shallow bowl, add salt and parmesan, and toss/shake well.
Leave a Reply