Apple Cinnamon French Toast Casserole
1 hr 5 mins
- 1 loaf French bread
- 2 large Apples
- 8 Eggs
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Butter (cold)
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Apple pie spice
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- Prepare a casserole dish with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Tear french bread inso small pieces and dice apples to bite size. Add bread and apples to casserole dish.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Pour over bread and apples and gently mix until all bread is coated. Place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile prepare topping. Dice butter into cubes and add to a mixing bowl. Add flour, brown sugar, apple pie spice, and cinnamon until a crumble forms. Add crumble on after cooking then return to oven for 5 more minutes.
- Optional: serve topped with powdered sugar or maple syrup
More recipes that I think you will love: