So, smoothies are a spring and summer drink? Not anymore, this Apple Pie Smoothie will keep you satisfied with the apple a day all year long! It really does taste like apple pie in a glass!
Smoothies are a great breakfast or snack. Typically, when thinking of smoothies, I make them a lot in the spring and summer. Well as Fall is approaching, and fresh fruit are not as in season, I was craving a smoothie. I had some apples and bananas at the house, so I figured I'd take those and make a smoothie. I decided to add a little bit of some of my favorite fall seasoning and make this an Apple Pie inspired smoothie.
How to make an Apple Pie Smoothie:
Start by peeling and coring your apples. Get your frozen banana slices out of the freezer and make sure they are not frozen together in large chunks. Break them up if needed. Add everything to your blender and blend until smooth. You can blend to the consistency you desire. Add more milk if needed for a smoother smoothie. Serve and enjoy!
- Red Apples - cored and peeled.
- Bananas - frozen and sliced.
- Milk - I used skim milk for this recipe.
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt - You can also use plain greek yogurt
- Ground Cinnamon
Step One - Slice and freeze some banana slices for about 1 hour before making the smoothie.
- Tip: If you don't have time to freeze the bananas replace with ice cubes when blending.
Step Two - Peel, core, and slice your apples. Break up any large chunks of the frozen banana slices.
Step Three - Place all ingredients into your blender in order as listed above.
Step Four - Blend until smooth and creamy.
Step Five - Serve and enjoy. I garnished mine with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Do I have to use frozen bananas?
I totally understand that the point of making a smoothie is to be able to make something quick and usually able to be drank on the go.
Well, if you did not have enough time to freeze your banana slices, throw in a few ice cubs to the blender.
What spices can I use?
So, I do not want this to be a really spiced apple smoothie. So be careful with the cloves and nutmeg as those are stronger seasonings.
Using just cinnamon is totally ok as well. For any of the spices you add to the smoothie, use less if you are unsure of how strong it could be.
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Apple Pie Smoothie
- 2 medium red apples (cored and peeled)
- 2 frozen bananas (diced)
- 1 cup milk ( I used skim)
- ½ cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg and cloves
- Slice and freeze some banana slices for about 1 hour before making the smoothie.
- Peel, core, and slice your apples. Break up any large chunks of the frozen banana slices.
- Place all ingredients into your blender in order as listed above.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve and enjoy. I garnished mine with a sprinkle of cinnamon.