These Asian Chicken Drumsticks are simple to make and full of flavor. Marinate with a few simple ingredients then baked. I like to top mine with sesame seeds and diced green onions.
Asian Chicken Drumsticks
I love chicken drumsticks. I can always find them on sale and they hold so much flavor. Growing up on a tight budget I remember eating chicken drumsticks a lot but my mom always thought of clever ways to change them up. These Asian Chicken Drumsticks are one of my favors. They are simple to make and so full of flavor. If you need some clever ideas for chicken drumsticks then make sure to check out a few more of my favorite chicken drumstick recipes.
- Classic Chicken Drumsticks
- Lemon Pepper Chicken Drumsticks
- Slow Cooker BBQ Ranch Chicken Drumsticks
- Baked BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
- Honey Garlic Chicken Drumsticks
- Baked BBQ Ranch Chicken Drumsticks
For this recipe, you want to start by marinating your chicken. You have the option of course to marinate or cook it right away. Either way, I think the recipe tastes amazing but of course, allow your chicken to marinate will taste much better. I usually place my chicken drumsticks in a large freezer bag and massage the marinade into them. When I am ready to cook I dump everything inside into the casserole dish.
Asian Chicken Drumsticks Marinate Ingredients:
- Brown sugar
- Soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Tomato paste
- Garlic powder
- Ground ginger
- Crushed red pepper flakes
How to make Asian Chicken Drumsticks:
Step one: Marinate chicken drumsticks for several hours or overnight. If you don’t have time you can skip the chilling it in the marinate but for best result I would allow to marinate in the fridge for 4-5 hours.
Step two: Preheat oven and then prepare a dish with aluminum foil.
Step three: Pour chicken into the dish and bake until fully cooked.
Step four: This step is onion but I topped my chicken with sesame seeds and green onions for garnish
Time will vary deepening on the size of your chicken. I bake mine for 40 minutes but I would check on smaller chicken drumsticks around 20 minutes.
If you love Asian style food and flavor as much as I do then make sure to check out these recipes next:
Garlic Asian Green Beans: I served these as a side dish for this recipe and they paired perfectly!
Slow Cooker Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps: This one is a favorite of mine. I’m sure you could have guessed since it is made in the slow cooker. It’s so fun of flavor and so easy to make.
Asian Ground Beef: If you ever need a good meal in a hurry this is one you will want to try out. Done in 15 minutes or less and one the entire family will love.
Asian Chicken Drumsticks
- 6 large chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- optional: sesame seeds and green onions for garnish
- Add chicken drumsticks into a large freezer bag.
- Whisk together all remaining ingredients. Pour this over your chicken. Marinate overnight for best results or cook immediately.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a dish with aluminum foil. Pour chicken into the dish and bake for 30-40 minutes or until fully cooked. Time will vary deepening on the size of your chicken. Check on smaller chicken drumsticks around 20 minutes. Top your chicken with sesame seeds and green onions for garnish