Perfect breakfast recipe to freeze for easy breakfast all week. These Bacon and Eggs Breakfast Burritos are simple to make with bacon, salsa, cheese, wrapped in a flour tortilla.
Making Bacon and Eggs Breakfast Burritos:
Start by cooking your bacon until crispy. You can fry it on the stove top but I prefer baking over frying at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Now crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk together. Add your half and half, salt, and pepper. You can add salt and pepper to taste. Whisk this together until well combined. Cook and scrambled eggs. Add diced bell pepper and cook until eggs are done. Turn off heat and add salsa and cheese and mix until cheese is melted. Crumble bacon and add to eggs. Add a spoon full of the egg into each tortilla shell and roll. Add a spoon full into each tortilla shell and roll. They are pretty simple to put together and you can easily add more veggies you like or use sausage instead of bacon.
More Breakfast Ideas for the Freezer:
- Freeze Bagel Breakfast Sandwiches: Easy breakfast idea that can be made ahead for the entire week. I love how simple and yummy these Freezer Bagel Breakfast Sandwiches are!
- Double Chocolate Oatmeal Muffins: Muffins make the best breakfast and these Double Chocolate Oatmeal Muffins did not disappoint. They are favorite of ours for an easy weekend breakfast.
- Pancake Mini Muffins: Simple Pancake Mini Muffins are my kid's favorite breakfast recipe. Drizzle maple syrup on top and you have the perfect breakfast.
If you don't want your burrito to fall apart you will want to heat a skillet to medium/low and add burritos to it. Cook seal down until sealed then turn and allow to cook for another minute until toasted. This will seal the burrito and give it that nice crispy taste. I do this also when freezing.
Following the cooking instructions then allow your burritos to cool. Once cooled wrap with foil and place in the freezer. When ready to reheat remove from foil and place in the microwave for 1-2 minutes until warmed.
Because Bacon is the BEST check out these recipes:
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad: The only dish to bring to this year's bbq or pool party! This Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad is so easy to make and a real crowd pleaser!
- Bacon Cheeseburger Dip: The perfect warm dip to serve as an appetizer or awesome snack. This Bacon Cheeseburger Dip is creamy and cheese and a recipe you are going to love.
- Cheesy Bacon Spinach Dip: Need a simple appetizer that is sure to please? This Cheesy Bacon Spinach Dip is simple to make and a recipe that everyone will love. Plus I’ve included a video to make preparing it really simple.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Bacon and Eggs Breakfast Burritos
- 1 pound Bacon
- 12 Eggs
- ⅓ cup Half and half
- ½ teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper (or to taste)
- 1 Red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 cup Salsa
- ¾ cup Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 10 Flour tortillas
- Start by cooking your bacon until crispy. I prefer baking over frying at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Crack eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk together. Add half and half, salt, and pepper. Whisk together until well combined. Cook and scramble eggs. Add diced bell pepper and cook until eggs are done.
- Turn off heat and add salsa and cheese and mix until cheese is melted. Crumble bacon and add to eggs. Add a spoon full of the egg into each tortilla shell and roll.
- Heat a skillet to medium/low and add burritos. Cook seal down until sealed then turn and allow to cook for another minute until toasted.Serve and enjoy!