This Bacon Cheeseburger Pie is one of the best family dinner recipes. It's so simple to make and my kids loved it. They even asked for seconds.
Nothing beats a simple dinner recipe! This Bacon Cheeseburger Pie is a family favorite around here. It really does taste like a cheeseburger too! We slice it and serve with ketchup and pickles.
How to make Bacon Cheeseburger Pie:
This recipe is pretty easy to make! Cook your beef, mix up your pie batter and then pour into a pie pan! Once baked the pancake mix makes a perfect hamburger "bun" for your cooked beef. It is a crispy dough and flavorful meat that will make a great meal!
- Ground Beef
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Pancake Mix
Step one: Get started by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F. Then prepare a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Step two: Next cook and crumble your ground beef and drain the fat as needed. Season with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Tip: Add some finely diced onions here if you would like for some additional flavor.
Step three: Now add your cooked and crumbled beef to the pie pan with shredded cheddar cheese.
Step four: In a separate bowl whisk together pancake mix with milk and eggs.
Step Five: Lastly, just pour that mixture into your pie pan.
Step Six: Bake for 25 minutes or until you can put a knife in the center and it comes out clean.
Do you want fries with that?
So one fun and cool way to kick this recipe up a notch would be to add a couple cups of frozen hash browns to the recipe. Yes, it would change the calorie count and nutritional information, but adding some hash browns to the top before baking and letting them form a top layer/crust is a nice addition. It really gives it a great crunch and extra taste.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Bacon Cheeseburger Pie
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ teaspoons onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup pancake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook and crumble ground beef. Drain fat as needed. Season with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add cooked and crumbled beef to the pie pan with shredded cheddar cheese.
- In a separate bowl whisk together pancake mix with milk and eggs. Pour into your pie pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until you can put a knife in the center and it comes out clean.