This Bacon Ranch Egg Salad is a classic that is now loaded with cooked and crumbled bacon and shredded cheddar cheese. It's one of my favorite recipes for lunch.
I love egg salad! This was something my mom made a lot growing up. It was simple and cheap, the perfect lunch for a family on a budget.
This recipe is loaded with cooked bacon, cheddar cheese, and ranch seasoning. I do add a secret ingredient that makes the egg salad so fluffy and creamy!
Egg Salad Ingredients:
- Whipped cream cheese: this is my secret weapon and how I get my egg salad to be so fluffy!
- Mayonnaise: Make sure to use real mayonnaise for this recipe.
- Mustard: I used yellow mustard
- Ranch seasoning: You can mix your own or use a packet from the store.
- Green onions
- Bacon: that has been cooked and crumbled. I like to cook my own but you can buy it precooked at the store to save some time.
- Cheddar Cheese
Egg Salad Instructions:
Step one: Start by boiling your eggs. Once they are done you peel them and then set them aside.
Step two: Place whipped cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, and ranch seasoning in a mixing bowl and mix together.
Step three: Place boiled eggs in your mixing bowl with your base. Use a fork to mash and mix together. Add green onions, cooked and crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese and mix well.
Boiling an Egg:
Knowing when your egg is ready can be tricky. I shared a post on a fool-proof way to get the perfect egg each time and how I make peeling even easier, you can find that at How to Boil an Egg.
Timing depends on how cooked you want your egg. I usually will boil my water and then cover and remove from heat and allow them to sit for 10 minutes.
Then add ice to the pot to stop cooking.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Bacon Ranch Egg Salad
- 9 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dry ranch seasoning
- 3 tablespoons green onions (diced)
- ½ cup bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Boil eggs until cooked through.
- Place whipped cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, and ranch seasoning in a mixing bowl and mix together.
- Peel boiled eggs and add them to your mixing bowl with your base. Use a fork to mash and mix together. Add green onions, cooked and crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese and mix well.
- Serve as a sandwich or on a salad and enjoy.