These Baked Chicken Nuggets are easily my kids favorite! I mean what kid doesn't love chicken nuggets, and I love making them homemade for them!
My kids, like most, really love chicken nuggets! They are always my back up when I want to make something spicy or a little more adventures for dinner. I love making these Baked Chicken Nuggets and freezing them! This way when I'm in a pinch and need a quick lunch or dinner I have something on hand that I homemade.
And I'll be honest when as an adult I still love a good chicken nugget! This is my favorite recipe for homemade nuggets. It's classic and so simple to make. The only thing I don't like about making chicken nuggets, the dishes! I think I hate dishes more than anything but I guess it's well worth it! So start off with three bowls and a prepared baking dish.
Step one: In your first dish you want to add flour. Dip your chopped chicken into the flour.
Step Two: The next bowl is for whisked eggs. Take your chicken from the flour and dunk it in the egg.
Step Three: Last roll it in breadcrumbs. I add a little seasoning salt and dried parsley to my bread crumbs. You could really add any flavor. I've used lemon pepper before and it was really yummy!
Step Four: Once it's all coated you can add them into a prepared baking dish and pop them in the oven!
Serving Suggestion: My kids love dipping their Baked Chicken Nuggets in ketchup but I usually have a side of hot sauce for mine =)
Baked Chicken Nuggets
Baked Chicken Nuggets
- 1 pound Chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- ½ cup Flour
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ cup Bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon Seasoning salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cut your chicken into bite-size nuggets and set aside. In three separate bowls add flour to one, beaten egg to the second, and bread crumbs with parsley, seasoning salt, and pepper.
- Place your chicken nugget into the flour and coat. Dunk into beaten egg and then coat in bread crumbs. Repeat with all nuggets and place them in your prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes flip all nuggets and return to the oven for 10 more minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 79kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 8gFat: 1gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 238mgPotassium: 135mgVitamin A: 40IUVitamin C: 0.3mgCalcium: 15mgIron: 0.7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!