Perfectly crispy Baked Parmesan Garlic Fries. The perfect side dish recipe for any easy recipe.
Baked Parmesan Garlic Fries
I think I could eat my body weight in french fries! Something about those little potatoes are so yummy! My mom would always make homemade baked fries growing up. We never grilled a burger without them! I served mine on the side of chicken tenders and a salad and my entire family loved them!
How to make Baked Parmesan Garlic Fries:
If you want extra crispy fries then start by soaking your fries in cold water. When you are ready to cook preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Wash potatoes and cut them into wedges. Place potato wedges on prepared baking sheet and pour on olive oil. Toss with hands until potatoes are coated. In a small bowl mix together salt, pepper, oregano, garlic, and parmesan. Sprinkle on potatoes wedges. Toss again until evenly coated. Bake for 25-30 minutes to until golden brown and tender.
How do I make crispy French fries?
To get your fries extra crispy the best thing to do is to allow them to soak in water overnight. Place your potatoes into fries, wash them, then place them in a bowl of cold water and leave them in the fridge overnight. The next day use a towel to pat them dry and allow them to sit on a bowl for at least 30 minutes before seasoning and cooking.
Why do you Soak potatoes in water before cooking?
Soaking your potatoes in cold water will actually remove starch from your potatoes. This will leave your potatoes extra crispy after cooking. I get the best result by soaking them all night but you could soak for a few hours and still remove some. If you have no time to soak then try running them all under cold water then pat dry after sliced.
More Side Dishes to try:
Roasted Green Beans and Potatoes: Tossed in seasoning then roasted in the oven. This Roasted Green Beans and Potatoes recipes is a side dish that is simple to make and one that your family is going to love.
Baked Cheesy Ranch Potatoes: These Baked Cheesy Ranch Potatoes make the best side dish for any meal. Tender potatoes mix with ranch dressing, cheddar cheese, and seasoning. Bake until cheese is melted and then serve.
Loaded Mashed Potatoes: These Loaded Mashed Potatoes are perfectly creamy and baked with a topping of shredded cheese and bacon. The best potato recipe EVER!
Baked Parmesan Garlic Fries
- 1 pound Russest potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Grated parmesan
- Optional: Fresh parsley for serving
- Optional step for extra crispy fries: Slice potatoes into fries, wash and allow to soak in cold water for 1-2 hours or for best results soak overnight in the fringe.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Wash potatoes and cut them into wedges. Place potato wedges on prepared baking sheet and pour on olive oil. Toss with hands until potatoes are coated.
- In a small bowl mix together salt, pepper, oregano, garlic, and parmesan. Sprinkle on potatoes wedges. Toss again until even coated.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes to until golden brown and tender. Optional: I garnished mine with chopped parsley.