This Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie Casserole has the classic flavor that you love from a pot pie. Skip the crust and just add biscuits instead. It's simple to make a recipe that you are going to love.
I love simple recipes like this Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie Casserole. It's classic comfort food made in casserole form. It doesn't get much better than that. I made a somewhat thicker version of the inside then places it on the bottom of a casserole dish.
I have updated this recipe and decided to cook the biscuits before I place them on top. I found they cook through better and don't get soggy. Keep scrolling for those tips and the full recipe.
Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie Casserole Instructions:
Start but cooking vegetables until tender. Cook biscuits adoring to package directions. Once cooked you can set them aside to use for later.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a pot. You don't want to brown your butter cook it just until melted. Once melted then add flour and whisk.
When flour and butter are just combined you can slowly add milk and broth and routine to whisk until combined and a thick sauce has formed.
Add cream of chicken soup and Italian seasoning. Whisk again until well combined.
Add chicken to this and mix once again. Add to the bottom of your prepared casserole dish.
Add biscuits to the top of your casserole dish and serve
I have updated this recipe and changed the way I cook it. I used to place the biscuit dough on top before cooking but found that that under neither of the biscuit did not cook through and was soggy.
This time around I baked the biscuits on top and then placed them on the casserole after baked. If you want to cook the biscuits on top of the casserole I would try cutting them into smaller pieces so they cook through better.
Here are some of my other favorite casserole recipes for you to try out:
Sloppy Joe Casserole: This recipe is a classic and one that my entire family loves. It's made with the classic sloppy joe flavors and topped with cornbread.
Taco Mac Casserole: This taco mac casserole is made with pasta and ground beef. It's made creamy with cream cheese then seasoned with taco seasoning and salsa.
Chicken and Green Bean Casserole: This one is AMAZING! It's one of my favorites and so simple to make.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- 2 cups Chicken (cooked and shredded)
- 3 cups Mixed vegetables (I used corn, carrots, green beans, and peas)
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- ½ cup All purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup Milk
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 1 can Cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 package Canned biscuit dough
- Start by cooking vegetables until tender.
- Cook biscuits according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a pot. Add flour and whisk. Slowly add milk and broth and whisk until combined and a thick sauce has formed. Add cream of chicken soup and Italian seasoning. Whisk again until well combined. Add chicken to this and mix once again. Add to the bottom of your prepared casserole dish.
- Add biscuits to the top of your casserole dish and serve.