These Bite-Size Pork & Cranberry Cream Cheese Sandwiches are simple to make and the perfect appetizer for any gathering. This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield and the Virginia Pork Council.
Recipes during the holiday season need to be quick and simple. Less time in the kitchen means more time with family, and isn't that what this time of year is all about? Usually during a holiday meal, I always have finger foods ready as soon as my guests arrive. Everyone can snack and mingle. We all know that a full guest is a happy guest.
If you want something simple to make that everyone will love, you have to try Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork. It's my go-to for a delicious, hassle-free holiday meal that is ready in about 30 minutes or less. All the ingredients for this recipe can be found at local Food Lion and Kroger stores.
Slow-marinated and perfectly seasoned, Smithfield has the prep work done for you. It's so easy to put together the perfect recipe, whether it's an appetizer or quick weeknight meal. Plus, fresh pork is so versatile, quick and easy to cook. For this recipe, I used the Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Herb Marinated Fresh Pork Loin Filet. They also come in other flavors like Applewood Smoked Bacon, Slow Smoked Mesquite, Original Recipe, and Steakhouse Mushroom. My favorite part is that they are made from 100% fresh pork with no artificial ingredients and packed with protein.
You want to start with slicing your pork and then cooking it. Fresh pork cuts such as loin filets, chops or tenderloins are safe and most delicious when cooked to an internal temperature of 145F followed by a three-minute rest.
To save time, get everything else prepped while your pork slices are cooking. Mix together cream cheese, cranberry sauce, and honey. Once well combined, mix in 2 tablespoons of chopped chives.
Once your Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork Loin Filet is cooked, remove from the oven. Next you want to cook your Phyllo cups. They should only take about 2 minutes to get crispy. I placed mine right into the oven for about 1-2 minutes and let my pork slices rest when those cooked.
Once those are crispy, you are ready to serve. I filled my phyllo cups with the cranberry cream cheese. Next, I diced the pork loin slices into smaller cubes and topped the phyllo cups. Before serving, just garnish them all off with the rest of your chives.
The Virginia Pork Council seeks to improve pork production and you can learn more about it at VirginiaPork.org.
Bite-Size Pork & Cranberry Cream Cheese Sandwiches
- 1 pound Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Herb Marinated Fresh Pork Loin Filet (cut into slices)
- 4 oz whipped cream cheese
- 4 oz whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 tablespoons chives (chopped)
- 30 cups phyllo cups
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place your Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Herb Marinated Fresh Pork Loin Filet slices in a shallow roasting dish. Roast until your pork is 145-160 degrees F.
- 2. Meanwhile, mix cream cheese, cranberry sauce, and honey. Once well combined, mix in 2 tablespoons of chopped chives.
- 3. Remove the pork slices from oven and allow to rest while you place phyllo cups into the oven for 2 minutes until crispy. Remove from oven and then cut the pork slices into smaller cubes.
- 4. Fill phyllo cups with cranberry cream cheese, top with pork cubes, and finish with remaining diced chives.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield and the Virginia Pork Council.