Blueberries, spinach, and a sweet taste of honey. This Blueberry Spinach Smoothie makes the perfect on the go breakfast recipe.
Smoothies make the best breakfast recipe. This Blueberry Spinach Smoothie only has 5 ingredients and is packed with flavor.
They make the perfect breakfast that can easily be eaten on the go.
How to make a Blueberry Spinach Smoothie:
Making this smoothie is pretty simple. You just need to add the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Prep: I find that adding the heavier items to the top like the frozen blueberries makes it all blend better
Otherwise, you get a lot of spinach sitting on top that you will have to mix in during blending.
Blend: Once blended you can serve right away. If you are using fresh blueberries instead of frozen, you may want to chill before serving or add ice to the blender.
Blueberry Spinach Smoothie Ingredients:
For this recipe, I used yogurt, frozen blueberries, spinach, banana, and honey. The honey is optional, but it sweetens it up a bit.
This is my oldest son's favorite smoothie. He could have drunk the entire blender! If you are not making this for kids, you can throw in some protein powder.
It always helps me to stay full longer and really holds me over until lunchtime.
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Spinach - stems removed
- Frozen Blueberries
- Fresh Banana
- Honey - to taste
Step One - Blend together all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Cold Smoothie Tip: Freeze your banana slices for about an hour before making the smoothie. If you don't have time to freeze the bananas replace with ice cubes when blending. The frozen bananas or ice cubes will make the smoothie colder.
How can I sweeten the smoothie?
Ideally the banana and vanilla yogurt will give you the sweetness you need to offset the tartness of the cherries.
I find that adding a sweetener like honey helps a lot.
Adding a tablespoon of honey will add the sweetness you want, and honey blends really will.
What can you add to smoothies?
Smoothies are a great way to get your kids to eat their daily fruits and veggies! Here are some great additions to smoothies that even the pickiest eaters won't catch.
- Add some kale to the smoothie. The vitamins and nutrients from these are great for you and your kids. They are not strong so the flavors will not be noticeable in the smoothie.
- Peanut Butter. Add some creamy peanut butter or peanut butter powder for some added protein!
- More Fruit. Add in some strawberries or blueberries for the added antioxidants and nutrients.
Try some of my other Smoothie Recipes:
Strawberry Banana Smoothie - An easy breakfast or a healthy snack this Strawberry Banana Smoothie is perfect for either.
Cherry Smoothie - Frozen dark red cherries mixed with yogurt and bananas make this Cherry Smoothie delicious.
Mango Pineapple Smoothie - The perfect tropical drink, this Mango Pineapple Smoothie is a great refreshing way to start your day.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
- 1 cup Vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup Spinach (stems removed)
- 1 ½ cups Frozen blueberries
- 1 large Fresh banana
- 1 tablespoon Honey (or to taste)
- Blend together all ingredients in a blender until smooth.