We are taking the classic egg salad to a new level with this Cheddar Bacon Egg Salad. Loaded with cooked and crumbled bacon shredded cheese, and perfectly fluffy.
Cheddar Bacon Egg Salad
I grew up eating egg salad and it has always been a favorite of mine. It’s a great simple lunch idea and easy on the wallet. Plus with a few secret ingredients to make this super creamy and fluffy you will love this Cheddar Bacon Egg Salad. As you can tell by the title this egg salad isn’t the classic recipe. My mom did the mayo and mustard with eggs and that was it. Well, we are taking egg salad to a new level nay adding cooked and crumbled bacon and shredded cheddar cheese.
I ended up using leftover bacon that I made for breakfast. Just cook up the entire pound and then reserve some for lunch. Two meals with only one cooking session makes life easy. My son who is a big bacon fan loves this recipe and couldn’t get enough!
How to make Cheddar Bacon Egg Salad:
- Step one: Start by boiling your eggs until they are cooked through. TO do this bring water to a boil with eggs in a large pot then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 12 minutes.
- Step two: Add whipped cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, garlic powder, and celery seed in a mixing bowl and whisk together until smooth and creamy.
- Step three: Peel boiled eggs and add them to your mixing bowl with your base. Use a fork to mash and mix together.
- Step four: Add green onions, cooked and crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese and mix well.
Don’t waste time or make a mess frying bacon. I love baking mine for the perfect crispy bacon. I’ll make an entire pound for breakfast and use the leftovers for lunch in our egg salad. If you want to know how I make my bacon check out my recipe for oven baked bacon.
Here are a few more of my favorite salads for sandwiches:
Classic Egg Salad: The classic and simple egg salad I grew up on. If you need something quick and easy this recipe is for you.
Grape Pecan Chicken Salad: This is my favorite chicken salad recipe. I love the crunch of the pecans and the sweet taste of the grapes together.
The Best Egg Salad: This recipe is pretty similar to this one but a little more simple without the bacon and cheese. It’s the perfect basic egg salad.
- 9 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 tablespoons green onions
- 1/2 cup bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
Place eggs in a pot with water. Bring water to a boil then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 12 minutes.
Place whipped cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, garlic powder, and celery seed in a mixing bowl and whisk together.
Peel boiled eggs and add them to your mixing bowl with your base. Use a fork to mash and mix together. Add green onions, cooked and crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese and mix well.
Serve as a sandwich or on a salad and enjoy.