This Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole is a spin on a classic. Made with wild rice, chicken, seasonings, and of course shredded cheese. It's sure to be a family favorite.
A good casserole is always a winner with my family. Plus, they are usually pretty simple to make and make for great leftovers! This Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole are so simple and full of flavor and a recipe that I think you will love as much as we did. I took a little spin on the classic chicken and rice casserole and with some new seasonings and the wild rice you get a wonderful new casserole. If you love simple recipes like this one make sure to check out a few more of my favorite chicken and rice recipes. A great meal for the family and easy on the wallet, it's a win-win!
Chicken and Rice Recipes:
- One Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup
- Cheesy Salsa Chicken and Rice
- Lemon Chicken and Rice Soup
How to make Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole:
Step one: Preheat your oven.
Step two: Cook your rice according to package directions. I like using quick or instant rice to save time on this dish.
Step three: Mix cooked chicken, cooked rice, cream of chicken soup, all seasonings, and 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese then add it to your casserole dish.
Step four: Last top your casserole with remaining ½ cup of cheese and bake.
- The Chicken: When I am making recipes that call for cooked and shredded chicken I like to be prepared to save myself some time in the kitchen. Making the chicken ahead of time with my recipe for slow cooker all-purpose shredded chicken then saving it for 2-3 meals during the week.
- The Rice: For this recipe, you will be using wild rice. You can use anytime you like but to save on time I like using instant rice. Either way, your casserole will cook at the same time and temperature since you will be preparing the rice before you add it to your casserole. If you are using a rice-a-roni wild rice then check the ingredients and maybe skip the seasonings that I add. Most rice like that will come with a flavor pack with seasonings already inside.
Here are a few more of my favorite casserole recipes:
Taco Mac Casserole: This casserole is a favorite with my kids. It's made with macaroni noodles and coated in melted cream cheese.
Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole: And this one is my husband's favorite casserole! He loved it and requested it again a few days later!
Tater Tot Taco Casserole: This casserole is filled with beef, corn, and taco seasoning then topped with tater tots and baked.
If you tried this recipe or any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and YOUTUBE.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
- 3 cups chicken (cooked and shredded)
- 2 cups wild rice
- 20 oz cream of chicken soup
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 ½ cup Colby cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Start by cooking rice according to package directions.
- In a large mixing bowl mix cooked chicken, cooked rice, cream of chicken soup, all seasonings, and 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Add this to a casserole dish.
- Top with remaining ½ cup of cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve and enjoy.Optional: Top with fresh diced parsley for garnish.
My whole family loved it and got seconds! No leftovers:)
So happy to hear that!!
Followed recipe almost exact (didn’t have cream of chicken soup, so I made this homemade substitute https://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/condensed-cream-of-chicken-substitute/ ) and it came out great! Simple, my toddler and husband loved it - great for a quick, filling meal. Used a wil rice blend with no problem.
Yah! I am so happy to hear that they loved it!