Chicken Broccoli Alfredo is a classic comfort food. Made with chicken breasts, broccoli, rotini pasta and a homemade alfredo sauce your whole family will love this dinner.
Chicken Alfredo is a classic comfort food dinner that is loved by many. Add broccoli to the dish and it just makes it that much better.
This dish is made just like normal alfredo but adding broccoli to the dish adds some nice color and flavor to the dish.
How to make Chicken Broccoli Alfredo:
This dish is made with my Homemade Alfredo Sauce. Follow the directions below and make your noodles and sauce.
Mix them together and then add your cooked chicken and steamed broccoli. You can use my All-Purpose Chicken recipe for the chicken for this recipe. Mix it all together in your pot and serve.
- Rotini Pasta
- Unsalted Butter
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Minced Garlic
- Parmesan Cheese - shredded
- Salt and Pepper
- Chicken - cooked and diced into strips or chunks
- Broccoli Florets - steamed
Step One - Cook pasta according to package directions. In the meantime, get started on your Alfredo sauce.
Step Two - Melt butter in a saucepan over low/medium heat. Slowly mix in heavy cream once butter is about melted.
Step Three - Add in garlic. Slowly add in shredded parmesan cheese whisking until cheese is melted and sauce is creamy. Then season with salt and pepper.
- Cooking Tip: When making the sauce, stir it constantly as to avoid burning and charring in the pan.
Step Four - When pasta is cooked drain and add mix with sauce. Add in chicken and broccoli then stir and serve.
Can I use milk instead of cream?
So cream is ideal for this recipe, but if you do not have it available you can use other dairy options.
One thing I will add is that using other dairy alternatives will change the taste and flavor of the alfredo sauce.
Milk, however, will not alter the taste and texture of the alfredo sauce that much.
Other alternatives to heavy cream:
Again, using heavy cream is the more traditional option for alfredo sauce, but here are some other alternatives besides milk if you don't have enough cream or milk.
- Half and Half
- Greek Yogurt - a nice healthier alternative.
- Cream Cheese - this will make it very cream and also thicken the sauce up if you need.
- Evaporated Milk - not the best alternative and you may want to add some water or broth to it with this. This would greatly change the taste though.
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
- 10 oz rotini pasta
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups parmesan cheese shredded
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 2 cups cooked chicken (diced into stripes or chunks)
- 12 oz broccoli florets (steamed)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In the meantime, get started on your Alfredo sauce.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low/medium heat. Slowly mix in heavy cream once butter is about melted.
- Add in garlic. Slowly add in shredded parmesan cheese whisking until cheese is melted and sauce is creamy. Then season with salt and pepper.
- When pasta is cooked drain and add mix with sauce. Add in chicken and broccoli then stir and serve.