Simple and easy dinner idea and something new for the classic spaghetti dinner. This Chicken Parmesan Spaghetti is a dinner your family will love!
Growing up we ate spaghetti countless times. It was cheap and easy to make and on the menu at least once a week. My sisters and I always had fun trying to create something new with our weekly spaghetti. I remember us adding ranch dressing or melting american cheese on top. Now when I want something new for my spaghetti I do something just a little more sophisticated even though I still could add ranch dressing to just about everything.
Since we usually do ground beef with our spaghetti I thought this Chicken Parmesan Spaghetti would be the perfect change. It turned out great plus my entire family LOVED it!
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Minced garlic 2 tbsp
- Minced onions 2 tbsp
- Chicken breast 1 lb cooked and cut into chunks
- Spaghetti 1 lb
- Spaghetti sauce 1 jar (26-28oz)
- Italian seasoning 1 tsp
- Half and half 1/4 cup
- Shredded parmesan cheese 1 cup
- Shredded mozzarella 1/2 cup (plus a pinch for garnish)
- Optional: Fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat oil in a skillet over media,/high heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes or until translucent. Add diced chicken breast and heat until fully cooked stirring often.
- Meanwhile in a separate pot cooked spaghetti accruing to package directions. Drain and return to pot. Pour in spaghetti sauce, cooked chicken, Italian seasoning, half and half, shredded parmesan and mozzarella. Mix well on low heat until well combined.
- Optional: Serve garnished with fresh parsley and shredded mozzarella.