The perfect simple appetizer! These Chicken Taco Pinwheels are loaded with your favorite taco flavor and so simple to make. Great for any party or picnic, these pinwheels can be used for a full meal or made as appetizers!
Appetizer or Easy Dinner Recipe:
The best appetizers are ones that are simple to make. These Chicken Taco Pinwheels are so easy to make and they taste amazing.
They are always a hit at any party I serve them at and I even make them for a quick lunch or dinner for my family.
No matter how you are serving them I think you will love them just as much as we do.
How to make Chicken Taco Pinwheels:
Step one: You want to start with cream cheese that is room temperature. Then you want to cream your cream cheese and sour cream together.
I usually use a stand mixer or a mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer until creamy and smooth.
Step two: Once you have a creamy base you can add in taco seasoning, cheese, chilies, and chicken and mix until well with a spoon until combined.
Using your electric mixer here might make everything to thin so using a wooden spoon is what I usually do. Spread this onto each flour tortilla and roll to seal.
Step three: Wrap each rolled flour tortilla in plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for 1-2 hours.
This will help your pinwheels not to fall about when you are slicing them. Once chilled remove the plastic wrap and slice into pinwheels.
Want even more yummy appetizer recipes:
If you tried this recipe or any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, eave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, and YOUTUBE.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Chicken Taco Pinwheels
- 7 flour tortilla wraps
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup Colby jack cheese (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons diced green chilies
- 10 oz shredded chicken
- Using a stand mixer or a mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer to cream your cream cheese and sour cream together until creamy and smooth.
- Add taco seasoning, cheese, chilies, and chicken and mix until well combined. Spread this onto each flour tortilla and roll to seal.
- Wrap each rolled flour tortilla in plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for 1-2 hours. Once chilled remove the plastic wrap and slice into pinwheels.
Leave a Reply