An easy breakfast the entire family will love! These Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins make an easy breakfast recipe plus they are so simple to freeze! Make these ahead, freeze them, and you have quick breakfast for those rushed mornings!
Do your kids love muffins as much as mine?
I think muffins are my kids' favorite breakfast item! They are pretty high on my list of favorites also and these Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins are easy to make plus they taste amazing. I usually serve mine with fresh fruit, yogurt, and of course a big cup of coffee for me! If you are not a morning person or you just have busy mornings then make sure to check out how I freeze these muffins for a quick reheat in the morning.
How to make Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins:
When you re ready to start cooking go ahead and preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Then prepare a muffin tin with non stick cooking spray or muffin tin liners. Whisk together oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl beat eggs then add it to other ingredients. Add milk and oil to the large mixing bowl with ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Spoon dough into each muffin tin about ¾ way full. Bake for 17-18 minutes or until muffins are cooked though and a toothpick can come out clean.
Can I freeze these Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins?
Freezing these muffins would make for a great breakfast when you are in a pinch. Follow the directions above and once your muffins are done allow them to cool on a cooling rack (or toss them on a plate) until they are completely cooled. You can wrap each muffin in plastic wrap and place them in a large freezer bag. Add the name and data to your freezer bag so you don't forget. These muffins should last 2-3 months once frozen. When you re ready to eat them remove them from wrapping and warm in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes. You could also use a toaster oven or microwave for a quick warm-up.
A few more recipes or you oatmeal lovers:
Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie: I LOVE anything with pumpkin spice and these soft and chewy cookies are the BEST.
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies: I love oatmeal raisin cookies but I make a chocolate chip version that my kids love so much more.
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars: These oatmeals bars work perfectly for breakfast or dessert 😉
Some of my other muffin recipes:
- Sugar Donut Mini Muffins
- Pancake Mini Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- Strawberry Muffins
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Walnut Oatmeal Spice Muffins
- Coffee Cake Muffin
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 ½ cup Old fashion dry oats
- 2 ⅔ cups All purpose flour
- ⅔ cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ½ cup Milk
- ½ cup Vegetable oil
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a muffin tin with non stick cooking spray or muffin tin liners.
- Whisk together oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl beat eggs then add it to other ingredients.
- Add milk and oil to the large mixing bowl with ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Allow the dough to sit for 30-35 minutes covered for oatmeal to soften. Spoon dough into each muffin tin about ¾ way full.
- Bake for 17-18 minutes or until muffins are cooked though and a toothpick can come out clean.