These Christmas Monster Cookies are great for a fun festive Christmas cookie! They are loaded with oats, Christmas M&Ms, crushed pretzels, chocolate and white chocolate chips!
These Christmas Monster Cookies are a lot like a Kitchen Sink or Trash Can cookie. They are loaded with sweet white chocolate chips and chocolate morsels and a salty surprise in crushed pretzels. We really bring on the festive holiday season by adding Christmas M&Ms. Add in some oats, and these cookies are really monsters with all the filling, you will love them!
How to make Christmas Monster Cookies:
These cookies really are monsters, with everything that is going in them! They are loaded with all your favorite cookie fillings. Like most cookie recipes you want to mix your wet and dry ingredients separately before mixing them together. Once you mix them together you will start adding in the oats. Once the oats are mixed in you will start folding in the chips, pretzels and M&Ms. Be care not to overmix, as you do not want a lot of air getting into the batter. Roll into dough balls about 2-inch balls and place them on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake and then enjoy!
- Unsalted Butter - 2 sticks at room temperature
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Egg Yolk
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Old Fashioned Oats
- Christmas M&Ms
- Pretzel Sticks - crushed
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- White Chocolate Chips
- Cooking Tip - Parchment Paper helps prevent the chocolates and M&Ms from melting directly on the pan when baking.
- Cooking Tip: Don’t substitute sugars. Both sugars should be used to get the best buttery and soft cookie. You can make these cookies only with white sugar, they will still taste good but there will be a difference.
Tips and FAQ:
Don't Over-Bake: It's important to not over bake your cookies. When you remove your cookie they might not look done but they will continue to cook on the pan.
Don't Over-Mix: Over mixing your cookies they could come out of the oven flat. Make sure to mix until just combined.
Freezing Cookie Dough: Place them on a sheet pan and into the freezer. This way they all freeze individually without getting stuck together.
Once they are frozen you can place them all in a large freezer bag together.
Baking Frozen Cookie Dough: Start by removing the cookie dough from your freezer.
Take out the cookie dough balls from the baggy and place on a baking dish to thaw.
Once the cookie dough is back to room temperature you can bake them according to directions.
Try some of my other favorite Christmas desserts and treats:
Christmas Crack - The most addicting Christmas treat. This Christmas Crack is simple to make with just 5 ingredients and is just as addicting as the name implies.
Christmas Puppy Chow - The classic Christmas treat. We make this Christmas Puppy Chow every year for any party or just a family movie night.
Christmas Sugar Cookies - These Christmas Sugar Cookies are whipped with cream cheese to make the perfect soft and fluffy sugar cookie. Topped with a cream cheese frosting and festive Christmas sprinkles.
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Christmas Monster Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks at room temperature)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 cups old fashion oats
- 1 cup Christmas M&Ms
- 1 cup pretzel sticks (crushed)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl. Using a electric mixer cream together sugar and butter. Add in vanilla extract and continue to mix until combined.
- To your butter mix beat in eggs one at a time then egg yolk. Mixing until combined.
- Add all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to your dough and mix. Last add in oats and mix again until combined.
- Fold ¾ Christmas M&Ms, crushed pretzel sticks, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips into cookie dough.
- Roll cookie dough into 3-4 tablespoon size balls making sure that each cookie dough balls are about the same size to ensure even baking.
- Place each cookie dough ball on your prepared baking sheet. Use the remaining Christmas M&Ms and press onto the top of the unbaked cookies.
- Place in the oven to bake for 8 minutes and then rotate your cookie sheet and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool slightly then serve and enjoy.