Muffins make the best breakfast and these Double Chocolate Oatmeal Muffins did not disappoint. They are favorites of ours for an easy weekend breakfast.
When you see the words DOUBLE CHOCOLATE then you know this is going to be a good recipe! I'm sure you can guess but these Double Chocolate Oatmeal Muffins are a favorite of my kids and they make the perfect weekend breakfast. We love making everything is muffin form and if you like this recipe then make sure to stop by and check out my Pancake Mini Muffins. I even added sausage to them for a full breakfast in my Mini Sausage Pancake Muffins.
How to make Double Chocolate Oatmeal Muffins:
Step one: Preheat your oven then prepare a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or muffin tin liners.
Step two: Whisk together oats, flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
Step three: In a separate bowl beat eggs then add it to other ingredients. Add milk and oil to the large mixing bowl with ingredients and mix until combined.
Step four: Fold in chocolate chips. When cooking with oatmeal your muffins could end up a little dry. I find that letting your oats sit in the mix to soften and soak really helps them to be more moist after cooking. Just cover with plastic wrap and set aside for at least 30 minutes then bake.
Step five: Spoon dough into each muffin tin about ¾ way full and bake!
More muffin recipes you should check out:
Double Chocolate Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 ½ Cup Old fashion dry oats
- 2 ⅔ cups All purpose flour
- ¼ cup Cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ½ cup Milk
- ½ cup Vegetable oil
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a muffin tin with non stick cooking spray or muffin tin liners.
- Whisk together oats, flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl beat eggs then add it to other ingredients.
- Add milk and oil to the large mixing bowl with ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Allow the dough to sit for 30-35 minutes covered for oatmeal to soften. Spoon dough into each muffin tin about ¾ way full.
- Bake for 17-18 minutes or until muffins are cooked though and a toothpick can come out clean.