The best Easy Homemade Garlic Bread. It's made with garlic butter, seasoning, and topped with shredded mozzarella. It's the perfect side to any Italian meal. You can't go wrong with offering this as a side with any meal, to be honest!
Picking a great side dish is important!
I love homemade garlic bread, it's a must for any type of pasta meal! Honestly, I've served these with just a big salad before as dinner and it was perfect. It's simple to make and topped off with shredded mozzarella. I broil it to give it there perfect golden brown look and crunchy taste. We served without spaghetti but you can serve it with several different recipes. Here are a few that we love it with:
How to make Easy Homemade Garlic Bread:
- Preheat and cut bread in half and place on a baking sheet then set aside.
- Melt butter, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Mix well then brush melted butter onto the bread.
- Top bread with mozzarella cheese and bake
- Turn off oven and turn on broil on high for 30-60 seconds until cheese is toasted and golden brown.
- I sliced each half into 5 pieces for 10 good servings.
What herbs to use for Homemade Garlic Bread?
For this recipe, I used an Italian seasoning blend. Usually in Italian seasoning blend you will find oregano, marjoram, thyme, basil, rosemary, and sage. I topped mine with a fresh diced parsley for a garnish.
Homemade Garlic Bread with Cheese:
I added shredded mozzarella to the top of my garlic bread. To give it a nice golden color I broiled in the oven for for 30-60 seconds. You can skip the cheese or change it for any cheese you like. I've had it with parmesan and cheddar and loved them all.
What to serve with Homemade Garlic Bread:
- Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
- Lasagna Soup
- Baked Mac and Cheese
- Classic Lasagna
- Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti
Have leftover garlic? Try these recipe next:
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Penne: I love this simple pasta dish. The recipe works for just about any pasta but I love using penne with this one.
Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggie Skillet: This was a favorite of mine. You can serve it on rice or skip the carbs and eat it as is, it was delicious!
Baked Garlic Green Beans: These are so simple to make and so full of flavor. Pop them in the oven for a simple side dish.
If you tried this recipe or any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and YOUTUBE.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Easy Homemade Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf French bread
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut bread in half and place on a baking sheet then set aside.
- Place butter, garlic, and Italian seasoning in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30-60 seconds until butter is melted. Mix well then brush melted butter onto the bread.
- Top bread with mozzarella cheese and bake for 10-12 minutes until cheese has started to melt. Turn off oven and turn on broil on high for 30-60 seconds until cheese is toasted and golden brown. I sliced each loaf into 5 pieces and served. Optional: I garnished mine with fresh parsley.
Leave a Reply