This Garlic Butter Chicken Breast is made with a simple butter-based marinade and loaded with flavor. It's put together and in the oven in 5 minutes or less. The perfect dinner option.
Chicken dinners don't have to always be the same. I love trying new ways to season and change up a simple boneless and skinless chicken breast. They are so easy to bake and the entire family will eat it. This Garlic Butter Chicken Breast is drizzled with melted butter and garlic. I bake it then serve with a salad and side. It's the perfect easy dinner idea.
Side dish ideas:
For this recipe, I used a simple garlic butter sauce. We love garlic around here so used a good amount. You can add more or less to taste.
How to make Garlic Butter Chicken Breast:
Step one: Start by preheating your oven. Then place your chicken breast in a casserole dish and season with salt and pepper. You can add it to taste. I usually use ¼ teaspoon of salt and ⅛ teaspoon of pepper.
Step two: To prepare your marinade start by melting butter in a small saucepan. Then add your minced garlic and thyme. You only want the garlic in your pan for 30-40 seconds so it does not burn. So make sure you allow some time for the butter to melt first. Once melted pour over chicken in casserole dish.
Step three: Bake until chicken is fully cooked. Time will vary depending on the size of your chicken breast, just remember that chicken should always be over 165 degrees F before eating.
Step four: Once cooked brush butter in your casserole dish on chicken then allow resting for 5 minutes then serve
Family Cooking Tip:
My kids prefer garlic powder over minced garlic. If you want to hide the garlic opt for a teaspoon of garlic powder instead.
More Chicken Recipes:
- Baked Chicken Breast
- All-Purpose Chicken
- Taco Lime Chicken
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Cheesy Ranch Chicken
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Garlic Butter Chicken Breast
- 2 pounds chicken (boneless and skinless)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place chicken in a casserole dish and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small saucepan melt butter with garlic and thyme. Once melted pour over chicken in casserole dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Time will vary depending on the size of your chicken breast. For small chicken breast check the temperature around 20 minutes. Chicken should be over 165 degrees F before eating.
- Once cooked brush butter in your casserole dish on chicken then allow to rest for 5 minutes then serve.