These Ground Beef Lettuce Wraps are so flavorful served in a crisp lettuce leaf to eat with your hands. Cooked beef with wonderful Asian spices topped with crunchy carrots, green onions, and peanuts this is a recipe you will love!
Today people are looking for more healthy ways to enjoy meals. With people searching for keto friendly and gluten free options a lot more often, I had to share these Asian Ground Beef Lettuce Wraps with you all.
I first had lettuce wraps at P.F. Chang's a long time ago. I loved them! The crisp lettuce with the warm beef filling was super tasty. I just had to try them at home!
How to make Ground Beef Lettuce Wraps:
- Ground Beef
- Sesame Oil (for cooking)
- Yellow Onion (finely diced)
- Tomato Sauce
- Ground Cumin
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Powder
- Soy Sauce - I used low sodium soy sauce.
- Mini Romaine Lettuce Heads
- Carrot (grated)
- Green Onion (sliced)
- Peanuts (salted or regular will work)
- Chili Powder
Step Five - These wraps also taste delicious with a drizzle of hot sauce! Enjoy warm right away!
Why this recipe is so great!
These Ground Beef Lettuce Wraps are super easy to make! You can have them made in about 15 minutes!
These are super tasty and filled with great seasoning and spices. Full of flavor and really healthy for you! You can serve this to your keto friendly friends!
Spice it up with some Hot Sauce, Siracha, or cool it down with some Yum Yum Sauce drizzled on top!
Make this meal kid friendly!
I know, I know, lettuce wraps are really not a kid friendly meal no matter how fun it is to eat them with your hands. So what I do is make a side of rice, and serve my kids this meal on top of rice in a new Asian Ground Beef Bowl topped with some cool and creamy Yum Yum Sauce.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Ground Beef Lettuce Wraps
- sesame oil for cooking
- ½ medium yellow onion (finely diced)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- salt and pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon paprika (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2-3 mini romaine lettuce heads
- ½ medium carrot (grated_
- green onion sliced
- salted or regular peanuts
- chili powder
- Heat sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once warmed place onions in the skillet to cook until translucent and soft.
- Next add in your ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook and crumble the beef until browned and no longer pink. Drain the fat as needed.
- To your cooked ground beef add in tomato sauce, ground cumin, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, and soy sauce. Add more seasoning to taste. Cook for a few minutes stirring and remove from heat.
- Last prepare your station and start assembling the wraps. Divide the beef filling between 8 lettuce leaves, add toppings.
- These wraps also taste delicious with a drizzle of hot sauce! Enjoy warm right away!
We enjoyed the gr meat lettuce wraps. Things u have in your pantry. I will make this recipe again
So glad you liked them!