This Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan is such a great and quick way to make this classic Italian dish. Made in about 20 minutes, serve over pasta or just as is!
Chicken Parmesan is a classic Italian dish that is typically served over pasta and goes great with Roasted Vegetables. This recipe is just for the chicken, but you can serve it however you want. This Instant Pot recipe will save you a ton of time in preparing a great dinner!
How to make Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan:
Butterfly your chicken and using the sauté option on your instant pot start cooking your chicken. Add your water and cover the chicken in the sauce and seasoning then turn on the pressure. Once done, melt the cheese on top of the chicken and serve!
- Chicken Breasts (boneless and skinless)
- Olive Oil
- Marinara Sauce
- Italian Seasoning
- Chopped Basil
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Optional for garnish: Grated Parmesan or Red Pepper Flakes for some spice
- Optional for serving: Pasta
Step Nine - Garnish with red chili flakes (optional), chopped basil leaves, and grated parmesan and serve hot with pasta or bread or roasted veggies and enjoy.
How to store Chicken Parmesan:
Storing the leftovers is pretty easy. Just get airtight containers for the chicken and the spaghetti. You want to store them separately. The chicken will last about 5-7 days in the refrigerator.
How to reheat this recipe:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Put your chicken in a baking dish and cover the chicken with aluminum foil. Reheat for about 15 minutes. Top with some more cheese and melt that as well.
Can I use a homemade marinara sauce?
You can use whatever sauce is your favorite. If you have a great marinara recipe passed down for generations or prefer a store-bought jar will work. Just use whichever sauce you enjoy the most.
Try some of my other Instant Pot recipes:
Instant Pot Chicken Wings - These Instant Pot Chicken Wings are perfect for the Big Game and any other party you have! Made in less than 30 minutes, these will be the talk of your party. Full of flavor and made crispy by broiling in the oven for the final touch!
Instant Pot Chili Mac - With little prep time and only being cooked in one pot for easy cleanup, this Instant Pot Chili Mac is a game changer for a great quick and easy family dinner.
Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana - This copycat Zuppa Toscana is so hearty and tastes amazing! So, ditch the takeout, this super easy meal is made in the instant pot, and all the flavors come together so nicely! Serve with a thick slice of your favorite crust bread.
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan
- 2 large chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Chopped basil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- optional: grated parmesan cheese and pasta for serving
- Start by preparing your chicken breast. Butterfly chicken by cutting in half horizontally, to create 2 thin slices then season with salt and pepper.
- Set the instant pot on the SAUTE function, let it heat up. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the chicken and cook on both sides, until the chicken changes color to light brown.
- Add marinara sauce and ¼ cup water over the chicken, mix properly so that the chicken is well coated in the sauce.
- Add Italian seasoning and ½ tablespoon chopped basil, and mix.
- Close the lid and pressure valve. Select the PRESSURE COOK button on HIGH PRESSURE and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the pressure-cooking cycle is over, quick release the pressure. Select the CANCEL button.
- Open the lid and add shredded mozzarella, parmesan, and some chopped basil on the top of the chicken.
- Close the lid but do not turn on the Instant Pot. Let the cheese melt in the steam inside the pot for 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish with red chili flakes (optional), chopped basil leaves, and grated parmesan and serve hot with pasta or bread or roasted veggies and enjoy.