These Instant Pot Chicken Wings are perfect for the Big Game and any other party you have! Made in less than 30 minutes, these will be the talk of your party. Full of flavor and made crispy by broiling in the oven for the final touch!
I love wings! I don't make them enough for how much I love them though! We always have wings on New Year's Eve and for the Super Bowl. I need to find more occasions to make them, but they really do take a while to make in the oven. Well making these in the Instant Pot are way faster than the oven! Making chicken wings in the instant pot are really tasty and they stay really juicy! This may be my new favorite way to make chicken wings.
How to make Instant Pot Chicken Wings:
Wow, I am super impressed with myself on these Instant Pot Chicken Wings. They came out perfect, and after a short time in the oven to make them, crispy these may be the best wings I have ever made. Start by mixing together your spices and covering your chicken in the spices really well. Cook in your instant pot, and then remove and cover in your wing sauce. Broil to desired crispiness and add more wing sauce if needed. Serve with some Blue Cheese or Ranch and enjoy!
- Chicken Wings
- Black Pepper Powder - This is the finest black pepper you can find. You do not want a coarse black pepper for this recipe.
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Hot Sauce
- Melted Butter
- Cooking Tip: Mix very well as these seasonings will come through and make this chicken what it is in the instant pot.
- Cooking Tip: For a detailed recipe on making Homemade Buffalo Sauce, click the link!
Optional Step Eleven - I garnished mine with fresh chopped parsley.
Supplies and Tools for this Recipe:
Instant Pot - There are a variety of options and brands out there. Find one that fits your budget and get that one!
Glass Mixing Bowls - These are perfect for mixing your seasoning and your sauce
Tips and FAQ:
Is there a difference between a chicken wing and a buffalo wing?
Typically, a chicken wing consists of the entire wing area from the joint to the tip. Buffalo wings are the smaller portions of the whole wing, so the drum and the flat.
Why are they called Buffalo wings?
One theory is they were created back in the 1960s at a bar in Buffalo, New York.
Is there a difference between Hot Sauce and Buffalo Sauce?
Yes, there is a difference. Hot Sauce is basically hot peppers, salt, and vinegar. Mix hot sauce up with melted butter and that is Buffalo Sauce.
What dipping sauce should I use for my wings?
Most people prefer Blue Cheese or Ranch Dressing. Along with some carrot or celery sticks.
Try some of my other great wing recipes:
Baked Chicken Wings - These Baked Chicken Wings are simple to make and full of flavor. They are seasoned to work perfectly with any dip or sauce you enjoy, we even like eating them as is. What sauce will you add to your wings?
BBQ Chicken Wings - These simple BBQ Chicken Wings are baked in the oven until crispy and covered in BBQ sauce. The perfect recipe for game day or to serve to friends at a party.
Parmesan Garlic Wings - These Parmesan Garlic Wings are delicious! The homemade sauce is made with five simple ingredients and the chicken is baked in the oven and perfectly crispy. These will be better than any local wing stop you go to!
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Instant Pot Chicken Wings
- 1 lb chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup hot sauce
- ½ cup melted butter
- Combine chicken wings with your seasoning. The salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Add ¾ cup of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot. Then lace the trivet inside the pot and arrange the chicken wings on the trivet.
- Next, you want to close the lid and pressure valve. Then select the pressure cook button on high pressure and cook for 10 minutes.
- When the pressure-cooking cycle is done you want to do a quick release on the pressure.
- Open the lid and select the cancel button.
- Use tongs to carefully remove the chicken from the instant pot.
- Next you want to make your buffalo sauce. Mix ½ cup of hot sauce with ½ cup of melted butter.
- Place the chicken in a large mixing bowl and toss with half of the buffalo sauce then place them on a baking tray.
- Place chicken in the oven on broil for 6-8 minutes removing to flip halfway through cooking and cook until crispy.
- Once your chicken wings are crispy remove them from the oven and place them back into the mixing bowl with your buffalo sauce. Add the remaining hot sauce and toss again to coat.
- I garnished mine with fresh chopped parsley.