With little prep time and only being cooked in one pot for easy cleanup, this Instant Pot Chili Mac is a game changer for a great quick and easy family dinner.
Chili Mac is a staple in our house. We make it often for dinner. The flavorful meat sauteed with peppers and onions, with hearty pasta and tomatoes all covered in melted cheese should be considered a delicacy everywhere. There is nothing more comforting than this meal.
How to make Instant Pot Chili Mac:
I love a recipe that has little cleanup when I am doing cooking. Casseroles and One-pot meals are some of my favorite things to make. Well, you can make this entire meal in the Instant Pot! So yes, it is another awesome one pot recipe!
- Oil - I used olive oil but vegetable oil would work too.
- Ground Beef
- Red Onion (chopped)
- Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- Kidney Beans (rinsed and drained)
- Canned Diced Tomatoes
- Beef Broth
- Chili Powder
- Pasta - I used a spiral macaroni, but elbow macaroni will work as well!
- Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Green Onions (chopped)
How to store the leftovers:
One thing about this recipe is it always tends to have leftovers. My husband loves it, especially when it is a pasta dish, and there are plenty of leftovers. The best way to store these leftovers is once the meal has cooled completely put in a food storage container and then store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
How to freeze Chili Mac:
Freezing the Chili Mac is great as well! I love to make this and send it over to families on meal trains for new babies or other things!
Once it is cooked, allow it to fully cool and then place it in a freezer safe container. This meal can be stored for up to 3 months.
How to reheat this meal:
If you are reheating from storing in the refrigerator, place in a casserole dish or baking dish. Top with more cheese if needed, and cook in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
If you are reheating from the freezer, place in a casserole dish or baking dish. Top with more cheese if needed, and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour.
Can I cook Chili Mac on the stovetop?
- In a large saucepan, add oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the impossible meat or ground beef and sauté. Cook the meat until browned and nice and crumbled.
- Add onion and bell pepper and cook for another 5 minutes until the onion is softened.
- Add the rest of the ingredients saving ½ a cup of cheese and the green onions.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve, and add more cheese and green onion on top.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Instant Pot Chili Mac
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium red onion (chopped)
- 1 medium green bell pepper (diced)
- 15 oz kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ½ cups elbow macaroni pasta uncooked (I used a spiral style but any will work)
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- ¼ cup green onions (chopped)
- Start by pressing sauté mode on the instant pot then add in oil and wait 3 minutes.
- Once your oil is hot, add in your ground beef and sauté, during cooking, with the help of a wooden spoon, break it into small pieces. Cook the beef until fully browned.
- Next, add in chopped onion and diced bell pepper and cook for another 5 minutes until your vegetables are tender.
- Add in drained kidney beans, diced tomatoes, broth, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, elbow macaroni, and 1 cup of shredded cheese. Give everything a good stir.
- Close the lid, and place the valve in sealing mode. Then select the high pressure and cook for 5 minutes. Remember that it will take about 20 minutes of the pressure to rise and start cooking.
- Once cooked, release the pressure immediately, open the lid and stir it.
- Serve hot and add more cheese and green onion.