Everyone's favorite comfort food made in the Instant Pot. This Instant Pot Mac and Cheese is the best recipe for Mac and Cheese, and it is made in 10 minutes!
Mac and Cheese is a staple in our house. It is the one meal I can make that literally everyone will enjoy and eat without any questions. Sometimes after a long day, and the kids are asking for dinner I need to make sometime quick. This Instant Pot Mac and Cheese is the perfect dinner and I can make it in 10 minutes!
How to make Instant Pot Mac and Cheese:
Mac and Cheese is easy to make any way you make it. This Instant Pot Mac and Cheese may be the fastest way to make Macaroni and Cheese, besides making it from a box. You cook your noodles first in the instant pot. Next you mix in your half and half and cheeses. Mix those until they melt and it all comes together! Serve and enjoy!
- Elbow Macaroni (uncooked)
- Unsalted Butter (cubed)
- Broth - Chicken or Vegetable broth are best. If you do not have broth water will work too.
- Black Pepper
- Half and Half
- Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- Parmesan Cheese (grated)
Step Four - Add half and half, cheddar and stir, then add mozzarella and mix again, finally add grated parmesan and give a final mix until smooth and creamy. Serve warm and enjoy!
- Cooking Tip: Use whatever cheese you want, just make sure it is shredded to make it easy to melt and mix together.
Why make Mac and Cheese in an Instant Pot?
Macaroni and Cheese is made a lot of ways. People sometimes wonder why you make an easy recipe like Mac and Cheese in an Instant Pot? Well, there are two really good reasons to make this recipe in an Instant Pot. First reason is because it is a huge time saver! You can literally make this Mac and Cheese in 10 minutes! Perfectly cooked noodles in the Instant Pot when mixed with the cheeses give us the second reason. It is So GOOD! This recipe is creamy, cheesy and one of the best ways to make Mac and Cheese.
How to store Macaroni and Cheese:
Mac and Cheese is easily stored in an air tight container. It can be stored in the refrigerator for about 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months. I love making extra so I have leftovers, and it is a great meal to send over to family or friends who can use a meal.
How to reheat Macaroni and Cheese:
To reheat, place the leftovers in an oven safe-dish and heat at 350 degrees. If it is dry mix in a little half and half. Cover with aluminum foil and reheat for 10 minutes. We about 3 minutes left add some extra cheese on top, just to make it even better!
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb elbow macaroni (uncooked)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (cubed)
- 4 cups broth (or water)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup cheddar (shredded)
- 1 cup mozzarella (shredded)
- ½ cup parmesan grated
- To your instant pot add your uncooked elbow macaroni, unsalted butter, broth, salt, and pepper.
- Close the lid and pressure valve. Select the PRESSURE COOK button on HIGH PRESSURE and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the pressure-cooking cycle is over, do a quick release. Open the lid and select the CANCEL button.
- Add half and half, cheddar and stir, then add mozzarella and mix again, finally add grated parmesan and give a final mix until smooth and creamy. Serve warm and enjoy!