A few simple ingredients later and this delicious Low Carb Egg Casserole breakfast casserole is ready. It's the perfect recipe and one of my all-time favorites.
I love breakfast food but hate early mornings. This Low Carb Egg Casserole is one of my favorites and is so simple to make. Just mix up the ingredients then toss it in the oven. I usually like to drink a cup of coffee or two while it cooks and breakfast is ready as soon as the morning-zombi wears off me. If you love this recipe as much as I do then you have to also check out the original low carb breakfast casserole.
Low Carb Egg Casserole Instructions:
Start this recipe by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Go ahead and prepare a casserole dish with no-stick cooking spray then set it aside. Now in a large bowl whisk together eggs. Add all of your seasonings, cooked and crumbled bacon, and 1 cup shredded cheese. Pour into the prepared baking dish then top with remaining cheese. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cooked through and a toothpick could come out clean. It's optional but I topped mine with fresh chopped parsley to make it looks pretty.
When meal planning I always try to plan a recipe with similar recipes on the same day. This way I can cook it once but use it twice. I shared this some in my slow cooker all-purpose chicken recipe. I make the chicken once but use it for several different meals. This recipe calls for cooked bacon. Cook up all your bacon at breakfast time but save the rest for recipes for later. I made this for breakfast then slow cooker chicken bacon ranch sliders for dinner. Plan ahead for less work and easier meal times.
Here are some more recipes to check out that uses cooked and crumbles bacon:
- Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Bacon Cheeseburger Quesadilla
- Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes
Here are even more low carb breakfast ideas I think you would love:
Low Carb Egg Casserole
- 12 Eggs
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon Pepper (or to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon Onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Garlic powder
- 6 slices Bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 2 cups Colby jack cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a casserole dish with no-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs. Add all seasonings, cooked and crumbled bacon, and 1 cup shredded cheese. Pour into the prepared baking dish then top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cooked through and a toothpick could come out clean. Optional: top with fresh parsley for garnish.