Prepare it all the night before and just pop it in the oven in the morning. This Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole is perfect for busy mornings and one of my favorite breakfast recipes.
I love a good breakfast in the morning but I also really love my sleep. Which is why coming into the morning prepared gets me just want I want. An amazing breakfast that I don’t have to hassle with in the morning. This Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole is the best. I get it all together the night before and stick it in the fridge. The next morning all I need to do is heat the oven and pop it in while my coffee is brewing. I have lots of really yummy breakfast casserole on the blog that you should check out after this one.
How to make Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole:
- Cook ground breakfast sausage on the stove top.
- Drain fat then place into a casserole dish.
- Add potatoes to the casserole dish and mix.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Pour until casserole dish.
- Add diced peppers and onions and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Top with cheese and cover with foil. Place in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove foil and bake.
- Serve garnished with diced green onions.
Can this Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole be frozen:
This recipe can be frozen but you will need to bake it first. Once baked and cooled place in a freezer bag or airtight container and freeze for up to 2 months. Reheat by microwaving squares or baking in the oven until warm throughout, about 35-45 minutes.
What size casserole dish:
For this recipe, I used a 9×13 casserole dish.
A few more of my favorite breakfast recipes that I think you will enjoy:
Mini Sausage Pancake Muffins: This recipe is one of my favorites for the busy morning when breakfast will have to be eaten in the car!
Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole: This has been a favorite since childhood and now I’m recreating it for an at-home version that tastes like the real thing.
French Toast Casserole: French toast is actually one of my husband’s favorites and I, of course, had to turn it into a casserole.
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Ham and Potato Breakfast Casserole
- Spinach and Mozzarella Breakfast Casserole
- Cheesy Potato Breakfast Casserole
- Sausage Cream Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Low Carb Breakfast Casserole
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
A breakfast casserole you can easily make ahead and freezer for a late breakfast.
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 20 oz shredded hash brown potatoes (frozen)
- 10 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 1 cup bell pepper (diced)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup green onions (option for garnish)
Cook ground breakfast sausage on the stove top. Drain fat then place it into a casserole dish. Add potatoes to the casserole dish and mix.
In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour into the casserole dish. Add diced peppers and onions and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
Top with cheese and cover with foil. Place in the fridge over night.
The next morning preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Remove foil and bake for 50-60 minutes or until cooked through and eggs are firm. Serve garnished with diced green onions.