Homemade Meatball Subs! Perfect for the big game or your next family gathering!
It’s time for fall and football! Football is pretty big in my house, and even though I will openly admit I would much rather be doing something else than sitting for hours watching the game I do love family time! Making fun food for the game is the most fun part of the day for me! Last week we had Hawaiian BBQ Brisket Sliders and this week was Meatball Subs!
Since I want to enjoy
the game my family on Sundays afternoons I make meal prep really easy. I rolled up my meatballs and tossed them in the oven for about 30 minutes. I topped them with Marinara and mozzarella cheese and baked it just long enough for the cheese to melt! Ta-da food is ready and now you enjoy some family time. And the football game (if you are into that kinda stuff)!
Top secret tip: I put sauce right in the meatball! It gives them a great flavor!
Perfect meatball subs covered in sauce and melty cheese
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup Onion chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic minced
- 1/3 cup Italian seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Marinara sauce divided
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 Sub rolls
- 4 slices Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 305 degrees F.
- Place ground beef, egg, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, marinara, and worcestershire sauce in a large mixing bowl. Mix together well and form into balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Place meatballs on a sub rolls and top with cheese and more marinara sauce. Place them back into the oven until cheese is melted.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH