These M&M Cookies are the best! They are soft and chewy and full of M&M chocolatey goodness. These will become an instant family favorite!
Every kids favorite cookie, I believe, is any cookie, haha! My kids love M&M cookies. I think they would choose them over almost all other cookies. What's not to love about a chewy soft cookie filled with one of the best candies ever! They are just as good as my Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie.
These cookies are easy to make, and taste amazing. They remind me exactly of a cookie I would get from a bakery.
How to make M&M Cookies:
As with almost every cookie recipe you make you start off by mixing the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients separately. You then combine them to make the cookie dough. Then fold in your special ingredient, in this recipe being the M&Ms. Chill your cookie dough so the fats and oils are solid when baking. Bake and then enjoy!
- Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- Brown Sugar - I prefer light brown sugar for this recipe, but you can use dark if that is all you have.
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Tip: Chilling allows the butter in the batter to solidify so it prevents spreading during baking.
- Tip: Flattening the cookies will cause them to spread out more during baking, making them crispier.
Tips and FAQ:
Don't Over-Bake: It's important to not over bake your cookies. When you remove your cookie they might not look done but they will continue to cook on the pan.
Don't Over-Mix: Over mixing your cookies they could come out of the oven flat. Make sure to mix until just combined.
Freezing Cookie Dough: Place them on a sheet pan and into the freezer. This way they all freeze individually without getting stuck together.
Once they are frozen you can place them all in a large freezer bag together.
Baking Frozen Cookie Dough: Start by removing the cookie dough from your freezer.
Take out the cookie dough balls from the baggy and place on a baking dish to thaw.
Once the cookie dough is back to room temperature you can bake them according to directions.
Cookie Dough should be chilled before baking:
This recipe must be chilled for at least 3 hours before baking. This cooking dough can last in the fridge for 2-3 days or can be frozen and kept for 1-2 weeks.
The reason you chill cookie dough before baking is to prevent the cookies from spreading during baking.
The fats and oils in cookie dough solidify when refrigerated and stay together longer while baking, making a great cookie as the end result!
How to make this cookie not only taste great but look great too:
If you want the cookie to not only taste like mine but also look like mine here is a little trick.
I only fold in some of my M&M candies and keep the rest for the top.
I place the reaming on the top of the cookie dough before I bake them by just pressing them into the top of the cooking dough ball.
Here are a few more of my favorite cookies with M&Ms!
Peanut Butter M&M Cookie: I love a good peanut butter cookie. This recipe is just like the classic but loaded with M&M candies!
Oatmeal M&M Cookie: Some people may give the oatmeal cookie a bad rap. But this one is one you are sure to love.
Double Chocolate M&M Cookie: I mean double chocolate and loaded with M&M candies, do I really need to say more?
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup M&Ms (divided ¾ and ¼ cup)
- Beat softened butter and sugars with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer until smooth.
- Next add in your egg and vanilla extract then mix again on low until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine your flour, baking soda, and salt. Once combined gradually add this to your wet ingredients. Add in about ¾ of a cup of the dry ingredients at a time to your wet and mix to combine before adding in more.
- Mix until just combined then add in ¾ cup of M&Ms and fold into batter.
- This batter could be thick and sticky. Place in the fridge to chill for at least 2-3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Once chilled scoop out 2 tablespoons of batter and roll into 2-inch balls.
- Place cookie dough balls on your prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Gently press in remaining M&Ms to the top of each cookie. Carefully not to press down the cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to stand on the pan for 5-10 minutes before serving.