This simple poke cake is the perfect treat and a great way to show your patriotic spirit! This Patriotic Poke Cake perfectly light and fluffy and topped with fruit, make sure to try this one out!
I’m not going to turn down a good piece of cake but honestly, it’s not my first pick for a dessert. This cake though was hard for me to resist. It was light and fluffy and full of flavor. Since I wanted to keep the entire cake light I just added whip topping on top for the icing with fresh fruit.
How to make Patriotic Poke Cake:
- For this recipe, I used a box cake mix and baked according to the box directions.
- Once cooled I used a wooden spoon to poke holes in the cake all over and then filled it with the Jell-o mix that was mixed with water.
- Place it in the fridge just like you would Jell-o and let it sit for a few hours or overnight just like you would Jell-o.
- Once it was set I just added some cool whip to the top and then decorated it with fresh strawberries and blueberries. It was SO good!
More ideas for your Independence Day celebration:
Patriotic Cheesecake Dip: Show your red, white, and blue pride with this Patriotic Cheesecake Dip. The perfect summertime no-bake dessert.
Patriotic Pudding Cookies: The full proof soft cookie with red, white, and blue candies for a festive look. Not only are these Patriotic Pudding Cookies perfect for the 4th but they taste amazing!
Red, White, and Blue Recipe Round-up: Get festive this 4th and serve your guest some Red White and Blue Recipes. I’ve rounded up some of the best that you are going to love.
Perfect Poke Cake for Memorial Day or Fourth of July
- 1 box White cake mix (15.25 oz)
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 1 cup Water
- 1 box Strawberry Jell-o (3 oz)
- 1 cup Boiling water
- 1 cup Cold water
- 1 tub Cool whip (8 oz)
- 1 cup Fresh strawberries (diced)
- 1 cup Fresh blueberries
Prepare the cake box mix according to box instructions. Poke with holes and set aside.
Boil 1 cup of water then add in jell-o mix. Whisk until dissolved. Add 1 cup cold water. Carefully pour this jell-o over cake filling each hole you made. Place in the fridge for 3 hours.
Top with cool whip and spread evenly onto cake. Add strawberries and blueberries on top to decorate.
Serve immediately or keep in fridge until ready to serve.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH