These Peanut Butter and Jelly Rice Krispies Breakfast Bars are an easy recipe for breakfast on the go!
Great way to start the day:
School mornings start to get harder this time of year. The excitement of a new school year has gone away, and the holiday breaks are right around the corner. Mornings just feel a little harder. In my house breakfast is a battle. My son takes after me on this issue so I guess I can’t be to upset with him. We both need downtime before we get moving in the morning. Unfortunately, school mornings don’t allow for a lot of laying around time before we have to head out the door. I’m always looking for a good breakfast we can eat quickly and in the car if needed! Last week I made these Peanut Butter and Jelly Rice Krispies Breakfast Bars and my boys LOVED them!
My oldest son’s favorite cereal is Rice Krispies and I knew he would enjoy that type of cereal bar. You’re going to love how easy the recipe is. It tastes so good I actually ate one for breakfast also, not just for kids! I put peanut butter, jelly, and honey in a saucepan and let it all melt together. Toss in your Rice Krispies, and coat them well with the peanut butter.
Pour your cereal bar mix into a casserole dish, and spread evenly. I used wax paper so I could easily take it out to the dish. Now just stick in the fridge for 30-40 minutes.
Ta-da! Cut it up and you have awesome breakfast bars that your kids are going to love, and will hopefully make breakfast for you a lot easier.
These Rice Krispies treats are awesome! They are made with Peanut Butter and Jelly!
- 4 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 cup Peanut Butter Creamy
- 1/2 cup Jelly (your choice)
- 1/3 cup Honey
- In a saucepan on low heat melt together your peanut butter, jelly, and honey,
- Add Rice Krispies Cereal to your pan and mix well. Make sure all your cereal is coated with the peanut butter mix.
- Firmly pat your cereal bar mixture into a casserole dish. Place in the fridge and allow it to sit 30-40 minutes.
- Remove, slice, and enjoy!