I’m so glad you stopped by today to check out this simple and delicious recipe! These simple Quinoa Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers will be a hit at dinner time.
Quinoa Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers
I served these Quinoa Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers when my family was in town. My dad is gluten-free and these really hit the spot! I love adding in the quinoa because it made my ground turkey go further. I decided I will be adding it to ground turkey in future meals as well! For this recipe, I cooked ground turkey and added cooked quinoa. I seasoned it just like I would sloppy joes and then added it to my peppers.
Amazing Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers made with ground turkey and quinoa
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Garlic minced
- 1 Yellow onion small and diced
- 1 lb Ground turkey
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 30 oz Tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Seasoning salt
- 4 Bell Peppers large and cut in half
- 1/2 cup Monterrey jack cheese shredded
- Warm olive oil in a large pan. Add garlic and onions and saute until tender. Add ground turkey.
- In a separate pan cook quinoa according to package directions. When quinoa and ground turkey are fully cooked add the quinoa to the large pan. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix in tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and seasoning salt. Mix together and allow to cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Cut bell peppers in half. Spoon in sloppy joe mix and top with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven for 35-40 minutes. Serve and enjoy!