I’m a big time cookie lover. I would eat a warm cookie over a cake or cupcake any day. I made these Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookie for my hubby, but they ended up being one of my favorite dessert recipes as well!
Red velvet anything is my husbands all time favorite and these Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookie are one of his favorite desserts. I plan on making these again this week for Valentines Day. I love a good classic chocolate chip cookie. Nothing to them, just the good ol’ kind. I made these cookies for my husband knowing how much he would like them, but thought I would prefer the classic cookie. Boy was I wrong! These cookies are AWESOME! Like I feel like I need my own baking show because these taste so good awesome! You be the judge though try them out and comment below to let me know how they taste!
You will need butter and 1 egg at room temperature for this recipe so go grab those now, and put them on the counter till your ready to bake. These are easy to put together but need an hour to chill so factor that in when preparing them. They could sit long then an hour but no less. Your dough will be pretty sticky so chilling is necessary.
These cookies are a mix between your classic cookie and a chocolate cookie. I mix of cocoa and flower with vanilla and red food coloring for the color. I added about 2 tbsp of food coloring for this red. You can add a little more or less depending on what color you want and how deep your red is.
Ready to get cooking!
What You need:
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Awesome Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookie!
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar packed
- 1 Egg at room temperature
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 2 tbsp Red food coloring
- 1 1/2 cups Semi-sweet chocolate chips (keep out a handful to place onto after forming)
- Combine cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking soda. I usually use a fork and whisk it together well. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer) beat your butter with the paddle attachment. Beat until your butter is nice and creamy then add sugar and mix together well. Make sure to pause and scrap the sides of the bowl when needed.
Beat your egg, vanilla, and milk in with your butter and sugar. Once it is well-mixed add in your food color. and mix until well combined and color is even through out.
Now add your dry ingredients to your red wet ingredients and beat slowly. Lastly, just fold in your chocolate chips.
- Cover your mixing bowl and place it in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spoon out cookie dough (1 tbsp) and form into a call. It's optional but you can place a few chocolate chips on top of the dough ball.
- Place dough balls on a non stick cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes and then ENJOY!