Nothing is better on a cold day like a big bowl of warm soup. This Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup hits the spot on a cold and rainy day.
It’s winter time and for me that means soup season. Okay if you know me well enough then you now that every season is soup season for me because I eat it all year long! This weekend though was cold and raining. Nothing cures the rainy blues like a bowl full of warm soup and a big cozy blanket. This Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup is so easy to make because it’s all made in your slow cooker. I tossed my chicken and veggies in there in the morning, and before dinner added in the rest to cook for an additional 30 minutes. Easy as can be!
When making this soup you want to start by adding your chicken, all diced veggies, garlic, chicken broth, and seasonings into your slow cooker. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 6-7 hours. Once your veggies are tender and your chicken is cooked you know that it’s ready. Now time to get this soup from broth to creamy. Remove 1 cup of broth from cooked soup and add to a small mixing bowl. Add heavy cream and flour and mix until flour has dissolved. Add this to your soup with your diced spinach. Now just add cheese tortellini and cook your soup for an additional 30 minutes or until tortellini has cooked and is tender. Remove chicken and shred then return to soup. Soup is now ready!
Can I make this Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup on the stove top?
This recipe can easily be moved from slow cooker to stove top. You would want to start with your veggies first and sauté them in some oil or butter. Then add your chicken, broth, and seasonings. Bring your soup to a boil and then allow to simmer until your chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender. You can remove the chicken now and shred then return it to the soup. Remove your broth and mix with cream and flour just like in the slow cooker recipe. Add the cream with the spinach and tortellini into the soup and cook according to tortellini package instructions until tortellini is cooked and tender.
Amazing slow cooker creamy chicken tortellini soup. Easy to make, all in the crockpot!
- 1 lb Chicken breast skinless and boneless
- 1 cup Onion peeled and chopped
- 1 cup Celery chopped
- 1 cup Carrots chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp Garlic minced
- 8 cups Chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Dried parsley
- 1 tbsp Dried oregano
- 1 cup Spinach diced
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 8.8 oz Cheese tortellini 1 package
- Add chicken, all diced veggies (onions, celery, carrots), garlic, chicken broth, and seasonings (salt, pepper, dried parsley, and dried oregano) into your slow cooker. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 6-7 hours. Until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove 1 cup of broth from cooked soup and add to a small mixing bowl. Add heavy cream and flour and mix until flour has dissolved. Add this to your soup with your diced spinach. Add cheese tortellini and cook your soup for an additional 30 minutes or until tortellini has cooked and is tender.
- Remove chicken and shred then return to soup. Serve and enjoy.