This Slow Cooker Tomato Soup is so simple to make and the perfect tomato soup recipe. Made with canned tomatoes and full of flavor it's a recipe you must try. You will definitely be making grilled cheese to go with this!
Tomato Soup for the soul:
Tomato soup is one of my all-time favorite, always go-to soup. It's great on a chilly day, a cloudy day, a rainy day, or a snowy day. Any day of the week is perfect for Tomato Soup. One days I know I will be busy, I definitely love having my slow cooker. You will love the flavors in this soup, and it will definitely become one of your go-to soups as well!
How to make Tomato Soup in the Slow Cooker:
This recipe is SUPER simple to make! You will really appreciate how easy this soup is, and how it tastes so amazing! It is so easy you will be able to make some grilled cheese sandwiches to go along with it! Follow along with this two-step recipe!
- Crushed tomatoes
- Diced tomatoes
- White Onion
- Vegetable Broth
- Half & Half
Step One: Add all ingredients to the slow cooker! Give it a mix, and then turn it on! Cook it on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 6-7 hours.
- Tip: If you are nervous your tomatoes may be too acidic, start by adding a teaspoon of baking soda to the soup. That will cut some of the acidity of the tomatoes. Add more if needed, as you want the soup to taste balanced.
Step two: Once it is cooked, get your Immersion Blender and blend the soup until it is creamy. Serve and top with crackers, parmesan cheese, or some fresh parsley or basil!
- Tip: It is essential NOT to add the half and half or milk at this point in the process if you want your soup to be creamier. Adding cold dairy at this point could cause the milk or half & half to curdle. Any dairy needs to be added at the start of the recipe.
Can I make this Slow Cooker Tomato Soup without an immersion blender?
If you don't have an immersion blender then you can use a regular blender. Just add a few cups at a time blend and repeat until everything is well blended and smooth. It works the same just takes a little more work. I used my immersion blender and just blended everything right in my slow cooker.
If you love homemade soup then make sure to check out a few more of my favorites when you are done with this one.
Try some of my other soup recipes:
Vegetable Beef Soup - If you want a big bowl of comfort food you have to try this Vegetable Beef Soup. It's hearty and delicious one of the best recipes.
Broccoli Cheese Soup - This simple Broccoli Cheese Soup is creamy and rich and one of my favorite soup recipes.
Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup - Amazing potato soup loaded with all your favorites and made right in your slow cooker. This Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup is a simple and delicious recipe you are going to love.
Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup - Chicken noodle soup is my favorite winter recipe and a must for the cold season! This Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup is easy to make and tastes great!
If you tried this recipe or any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and YOUTUBE.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us, or use hashtag #TDOARH
Slow Cooker Tomato Soup
- 28 oz Crushed tomatoes (canned)
- 30 oz Diced tomatoes (canned)
- ½ cup White onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon Thyme (dried)
- 1 teaspoon Oregano (dried)
- ½ teaspoon Basil (dried)
- ½ tablespoon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 2 cups Vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup Half & half
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Give it a mix then cover with the lid. Allow to cook for 4-5 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.
- Use an immersion blender to blend soup until smooth and creamy. Serve warm and enjoy!
I was looking and looking for a delicious and easy crockpot tomato soup recipe. Im making it right now! Im having ham and egg salad sandwiches to go with it. Thank you for the recipe!
I hope you enjoy it! I love making this soup!