This sugar cookie is baked up soft and chewy and my all time favorite way to make sugar cookies. These Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies are a must try.
I'll be honest with you the more chocolate chips in a cookie the more I enjoy it! Anything with chocolate I guess I love and even though this Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies wouldn't seem like my typical cookie I enjoy, I LOVE them! I mean I show no discrimination against cookies 😉 This sugar cookie is thick and fluffy and so yummy! These cookie are simple to make and make in 10 minutes or less. I cooked mine for exactly 8 minutes and then allowed them to cool on a rack. Just 3-4 minutes after cooling your cookies should be set and taste amazing!
- Sprinkle Cookie
- Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookie
- Birthday Sprinkle Cookie
- Peanut Butter M&M Cookie
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie
How to make Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies:
- Preheat oven.
- Prepare a baking sheet and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in your egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl whisk together baking soda, baking powder, and flour.
- Slowly mix this in with your wet ingredients.
- Scoop out dough and place on prepared baking sheet
- Bake then serve and enjoy!
Here are a few other desserts that I think you will love!
Cheery Cheesecake Dip: Cheesecake is my favorite thing and this no bake dessert is perfect for dipping fruit or graham crackers.
Hersey Pie: This recipe is from my mama! She has been making it for year and everyone LOVES it. Another no bake dessert that you have to try,
Edible Cookie Dough: No baking this cooking dough all you need to do is mix it up and grab a spoon.
Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup Unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 room temperature Egg
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- 2 ¼ cups All-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in your egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl whisk together baking soda, baking powder, and flour. Slowly mix this in with your wet ingredients. Mixing until well combined.
- Scoop out 1 ½ tbsp of dough and place on prepared baking sheet
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (I cooked mine right at 8). Remove from oven then allow to cool on the baking rack. Serve and enjoy!