Perfectly seasoned steak, peppers, and onions make these Steak Quesadillas the perfect lunch or dinner for the whole family! Top with sour cream, guacamole, or salsa to finish these off perfectly.
Steak Fajitas are one of my favorite things to get at my local Mexican restaurant. I made these Steak Quesadillas with thinking of those fajitas that I love. All the best ingredients for fajitas put into a soft tortilla. and then grilled on a skillet.
How to make Steak Quesadillas:
Cook and slice your steak into thin strips. Slice your peppers and onions into thin slices, and then cook on the skillet until tender. Once your steak, peppers, and onions on cooked and seasoned perfectly, remove them from the skillet and then lay your soft tortilla on the skillet. Add the steak and veggies, top with cheese and fold the tortilla in half. Cook on both sides until the tortilla gets crispy and the cheese is melted.
- Steak - a flank or skirt steak works great for this! Some stores even sell already sliced "fajita" steak that would work well also.
- Bell Peppers - sliced thin. I used a red and orange bell pepper for this recipe.
- White Onion - sliced thin.
- Taco Seasoning
- Flour Tortillas
- Mexican Blend Cheese - I used a store-bought blend of Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Asadero, and Queso cheeses.
Step Five - Repeat the step above cooking each quesadilla. Once they are all cooked slice into triangles and serve.
What is the best steak to use?
I like Flank Steak or Skirt Steak as my favorite to use for quesadillas and fajitas. Flank steak is a good, all-purpose cut of beef. Skirt Steak is very flavorful but is tougher than Flank Steak. Both are excellent options for this recipe.
What to serve with your quesadillas?
You can definitely serve your favorite taco or burrito toppings with these quesadillas. I love serving this with my Mexican Rice as a side.
Whatever you choose, they will taste great with this recipe
Try some of my other favorite quesadillas:
Breakfast Quesadillas - These Breakfast Quesadillas are the perfect breakfast meal, and they are super tasty. Easy to make these quesadillas will be your family's new favorite breakfast!
Black Bean and Cheese Quesadillas - Simple and easy, the perfect lunch or party appetizer! These Black Bean and Cheese Quesadillas are so simple and full of flavor. I seasoned my beans and corn then added them to the tortilla with cheese.
Pizza Quesadillas - These Pizza quesadillas are the perfect weeknight dinner and a fun new way to do pizza night. They are full of flavor and perfect dipped in warm pizza sauce.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 2 medium Bell Peppers (sliced)
- 1 medium White Onion (sliced)
- 1 pound Steak (cooked and sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 8 medium Flour Tortillas
- 2 cups Mexican Blend Cheese
- Place 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once oil is heated add in sliced bell pepper and sliced onions. Cook until peppers and onions are cooked and tender.
- Add in cooked and sliced steak to skillet then add in taco seasoning. Mix until steak, peppers, and onions are all coated with seasoning. Then remove from skillet and set aside for later.
- Use the remaining oil in small about as you cook each quesadilla. Place flour tortilla onto skillet and spoon on cooked steak, peppers, and onions. Sprinkle on cheese and fold tortilla.
- Use a spatula to press firmly on quesadilla and allow to cook for 1 minute when cheese is staring to melt then flip. Cook for another 1-2 minutes until all cheese is melted and tortilla is browned.
- Repeat the step above cooking each quesadilla. Once they are all cooked slice into triangles and serve.