This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweetnSaltyHoliday #CollectiveBias
The perfect cookie with the perfect combination of sweet and salty. These Sweet and Salty Cookies are going to need to go onto your holiday baking list ASAP!
I LOVE sweet and salty. It’s my favorite combo. I can’t eat popcorn without chocolate candy, pretzels without white chocolate, and now chocolate chip cookies without potato chips! When I saw Lay’s Wavy chocolate covered potato chips I new this would be a snack I would love. They also make the perfect Sweet and Salty Cookies!
I started by creaming together butter and sugar. Mixing in my wet and then dry ingredients. Once the dough was ready it’s time to add in the good stuff! I folded in chocolate chips and crushed Lay’s Wavy chocolate covered potato chips.
As soon as I saw these Lay’s Wavy chocolate covered potato chips at Target I knew I had to bake something with them. They are back just in time for the holidays! Chocolate and a potato chip, it’s the perfect sweet and salty treat! I picked up two bags while I was out shopping, one for baking cookies and one for snacking on! You can get these in three awesome flavors, Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate and new for 2016 – Milk Chocolate Covered with Almond Bits. They are in stores for limited time to make sure to pick up a bag before they are gone.
Just roll your dough into balls and bake them for a few minutes until they are starting to become golden brown around the edges. Then allow them to cool for a few minutes until you allow them to completely cool on a rack.
- Softened butter 1 cup (2 sticks)
- White sugar 1 cup
- Brown sugar 1 cup
- Eggs 2
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- Flour 2 1/2 cups
- Baking soda 1 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Chocolate Chips 1 cup
- Lay's Wavy milk chocolate covered potato chips crushed, 2 cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer cream together butter and sugars. Once well combined add eggs and vanilla and combine well.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add these dry ingredients into to the wet until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and crushed chocolate covered potato chips. Allow to chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Roll into balls and place them on a prepared baking sheet (non-stick or with baking spray). Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly brown around the edges. Remove from oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 3-5 minutes then finish cooling on a cooling rack.