Loaded with bold taco flavor these Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are so good! I love simple and delicious this recipe is and it’s sure to be a favorite of yours also.
Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Taco anything is my favorite. I mean really, search taco on my site and you will find more recipes then anything else! I love the bold flavors that are used and top just about all of it with sour cream. These Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are no different! Plus when you add anything to a potato you know it’s going to be good!
How to make Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes:
I started by cooking the potatoes in the microwave. You could always pop them in the oven but they get done much faster in the microwave. Once they are cool you can cut them in half and scoop out all the insides. Set the peel aside for stuffing later. Next you want to cook your ground turkey and season it. Once you drain the fat return the turkey to the skillet. I added my potatoes right to the skillet along with tomatoes and mixed it all together then stuffed it! Last I topped with cheese and broiled it in the oven.
Want more taco recipes?
- Taco Soup
- Taco Pizza
- Taco Casserole
- Slow Cooker Pork Tacos
- One Pan Taco Pasta
- Cornbread Taco Pie
- Taco Pasta Salad
Here are a few of my favorite sweet potato recipes:
Mashed Sweet Potatoes: Mashed potatoes are my favorite side dish. These Mashed Sweet Potatoes have the perfect sweet taste with maple and cinnamon mixed in.
Sweet Potato Casserole: This Sweet Potato Casserole is the best recipe I have tried! Its perfect for the holidays or with any meal really!
Sweet Potato Fries: These Sweet Potato Fries make the perfect side dish! Baked with the perfect seasonings and served with ketchup. I couldn’t think of anything better.
- 2 large Sweet Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 3/4 pound Ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon Minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika 1/2 tsp
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder 1 tsp
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried oregano 1/2 tsp
- 15 oz Crushed tomatoes (canned)
- 1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro (minced)
- Cook sweet potatoes in the microwave. 5 minutes on each side until tender (time can vary depending on the size of your potato so check on them frequently).
- Once potatoes are cool enough to handle cut them in half lengthwise and scoop out the insides. Place in a bowl and add olive oil, cumin, salt, and pepper. Use a fork to mash and mix together.
- Cook ground turkey on a skillet until fully cooked, drain fat and return to stove top. Add garlic, paprika, chili powder, dried oregano, crushed tomatoes, and the seasoned sweet potato flesh from above. Allow to cook together on low for 4-5 minutes.
- Preheat broiler to low. Spoon filling back into potato skins and place on a oiled baking sheet. Top each potato skin with cheese and broil about 30 seconds or until cheese has melted. Garnish with cilantro and serve.