These soft and chewy Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect combination of sweet and salty. The soft crunch of the walnuts is the perfect pair with the best chocolate chip cookie. These are a classic cookie everyone will love.
Cookies may just be my favorite dessert. Rather it's sugar or a sprinkle cookie I just can't get enough. Growing up we always added nuts to our chocolate chip cookies. It was my Mom's favorite way to make them and she still loved them just as much. This week I made a big batch of these Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies for her and a few for myself to of course. You are going to LOVE them!
Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies Instructions:
Go ahead and start by creaming together butter and sugars in a stand mixer or you could use a hand mixer and a large mixing bowl. Keep mixing until light and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Slowly mix this add this to your mixture until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and crushed walnuts. Allow to chill for 2-3 hours in the fridge. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or a baking liner. Place even balls of dough onto the baking sheet. Bake for 12-13 minutes and allow to cool on a wire rack for 3-4 minutes.
Do I have to chill?
When making cookies chilling is always best. I would say just plan to chill just about any cookie you are making. The longer you chill the thinker your cookies will come out. If you skip the chilling process you may end up with one big sheet of cookie instead of 12 cookies. If you want to see how chilling can change your cookies check out this article, chilling cookie dough.
Here are a few more of my favorite cookie recipes:
Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies: I love coconut and these cookies are loaded with shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies: Something about peanut butter and chocolate the makes the perfect combination.
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies: This recipe is for all of you who can't do raisins! These oatmeal cookies are loaded with chocolate chips instead.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 stick Butter
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 Egg (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 ¾ cups Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Chocolate chips
- ½ cup Walnuts (crushed)
- Cream together butter and sugars in a stand mixer (or in a large bowl with a hand mixer) until light and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Slowly mix this add this to your wet ingredients until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and crushed walnuts. Allow to chill for 2-3 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or a baking liner. Place even balls of dough onto the baking sheet (2-3 tbsp) Optional: To get the same look as my cookies place a few candies on top of cookie balls before baking.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes and allow to cool on a wire rack for 3-4 minutes.