One Pot Stuffed Pepper Casserole
Easy to make, and easy to clean up this One Pot Stuffed Pepper Casserole is a simple twist on a classic recipe
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- ½ cup onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 2 cups bell peppers (diced)
- 14.5 oz petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano (dried)
- ½ teaspoon basil (dried)
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
Cook sausage in a large pot. Drain fat and return to stove top. Add diced onion and bell peppers and cook until tender.
Add petite diced tomatoes and tomato sauce to the pot. Then add all seasonings. Mix well then add chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce, and rice. Mix rice in well.
Bring to a boil then reduce heat and cook covered for 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Mix in 1 cup of shredded cheese and cover again. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
Top with remaining ½ cup cheese and serve.
- Tip: For this recipe, I used instant rice. Using non-instant will change the cooking time.
Calories: 345kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 17gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 1105mgPotassium: 570mgFiber: 3gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 1665IUVitamin C: 60.3mgCalcium: 196mgIron: 2.9mg