Sugar Donut Mini Muffins
These simple and tasty Sugar Donut Mini Muffins are the perfect treats for breakfast. Soft, warm, and covered in sugar.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter (divided and melted)
- 1 cup sugar (divided)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
Sift together flour and baking powder and set aside. In a stand mixer (or in a separate bowl with a hand mixer) cream together ¼ cup melted butter and ½ sugar. Add cinnamon and vanilla extract, and milk, then slowly mix in dry ingredients (flour mix).
Whisk together until smooth then fill the mini muffin tin. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through and a toothpick can come out clean. Allow cooling for 2-3 minutes.
Dunk each mini donut muffin in ½ cup melted butter then roll in the remaining ½ cup sugar.
Freezing Sugar Donut Mini Muffins:
Freeze these mini muffins are really simple. When freezing I skip step four. This way when reheating you can add the butter and sugar for a fresh taste.
When you are ready to reheat:
- Cool muffins once cooked and place then in a freezer bag.
- Muffins can stay frozen for up to 3 months.
- Place muffins on a plate and microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Or place then in the oven at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Once warmed finished with step four.
Serving: 1doughnutCalories: 177kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 1gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 6mgPotassium: 41mgFiber: 1gSugar: 17gVitamin A: 253IUCalcium: 23mgIron: 1mg