Cheesy Potato Breakfast Casserole
This Cheesy Potato Breakfast Casserole is so simple and easy to make! The perfect breakfast casserole recipe loaded with cheese!
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 4 cups shredded hash browns (frozen)
- 10 eggs
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoons Pepper
- 2 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
Cook and crumble ground breakfast sausage until fully cooked. Drain fat and set aside.
Place hash browns in your casserole dish. In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, salt, and pepper.
Pour eggs and 2 cups shredded cheese into casserole dish and mix well until all potatoes are coated. Top with remaining ½ cup cheese and bake for 40-50 minutes until eggs have fully cooked. Serve and enjoy!
How to freeze:
- Freezing: Cook the casserole according to the directions and allow to cool completely. Cover the casserole dish and place into the freezer. When you are ready to bake then allow it to thaw overnight in the refrigerator. You may need to increase the bake time by 10-15 minutes to get it warm throughout. This casserole can stay in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Refrigerating: To make this the night before you can mix all stop at after step 4. Cover and place in the fridge to be baked in the morning. You should not need to add any cooking time but always check before serving to make sure the eggs are cooked throughout your casserole.
Calories: 486kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 26gFat: 32gSaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 282mgSodium: 828mgPotassium: 574mgFiber: 1gVitamin A: 695IUVitamin C: 9.7mgCalcium: 302mgIron: 3mg