Chocolate Blossom Cookies
Chocolate on chocolate!! These Chocolate Blossom Cookies are a favorite of mine that I am sure you will love also. A chocolate cookie rolled in sugar then topped with a chocolate kiss.
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (softened to room temperature)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar (divided)
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup unsweetened coco powder
- 2 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (melted)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 20 Chocolate kisses for topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with nonstick spray or parchment paper.
Cream butter, brown sugar, and ½ cup sugars together in a stand mixer or in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer.
Add in your egg, vanilla extract, salt, and baking powder.
Next mix in unsweetened coco powder and melted semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Last, slowly add in flour about ½ cup at a time until fully mixed. Allow to chill for 10-15 minutes or until dough is no longer sticky and can be handled.
Scoop and roll out cookie dough balls. Roll dough in remaining ¼ cup sugar. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
Place the unwrapped chocolate kiss in the center of each cooking and move to a cooling rack.
Allow to cool so your chocolate can reset then enjoy!
- I melt my chips in the microwave. You can place them in for 30 seconds of a time siring between until melted
Calories: 202kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 2gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 69mgPotassium: 89mgFiber: 1gSugar: 17gVitamin A: 226IUCalcium: 35mgIron: 1mg