This Gingerbread Loaf is packed with my favorite Christmas flavor and then topped with a simple homemade vanilla frosting. The perfect pair and a must bake for this Christmas season. This is a great bread to make and take to the next family gathering or office Christmas Party.
- ½ cup Butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Applesauce
- 1 ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons Ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 oz Cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 3 cups Powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons Milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a bread pan with non stick spray and set aside.
Use an electric mixer to cream together butter and sugar. Add apple sauce and continue to mix.
In a separate bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, baking soda, and salt.
Mix these dry ingredients into your wet until combined.
Pour this into your prepared bread pan and bake for 45-55 minutes or until you can poke it with a toothpick and it comes out clean. Allow to cool on a cooling rack before frosting.
Meanwhile prepare frosting. Cream together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk. Add more milk as needed until you get the consistency you desire. Frost bread and enjoy.
Tips for a good gingerbread loaf:
- Do not over mix your batter: Mixing the batter too much will add air to the batter and you do not want that when baking.
- Do not over bake: as this will result in a crumbly loaf.
- Icing is optional: If you do not want to top with icing you don't have to. You can slice it up warm with some butter, or just as is!
Serving: 1sliceCalories: 362kcalCarbohydrates: 62gProtein: 2gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 397mgPotassium: 49mgFiber: 1gSugar: 48gVitamin A: 401IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 20mgIron: 1mg