Parmesan Lemon Pasta and Chicken
This Parmesan Lemon Pasta and Chicken is simple to make and full of flavor and a simple recipe for a quick weeknight dinner.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts (boneless skinless)
- salt boneless skinless
- black pepper boneless skinless
- 8 oz. rotini pasta
- ¼ cup butter unsalted
- ½ small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 4 lemons)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
Heat your oil in a large pot. (large enough to add in pasta later)
Slice chicken into strips and season them with salt and pepper. Cook them in in your pot for about 10-12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Then drain and reserve 1 cup pasta water for later.
Once your chicken is cooked remove it from your pot and add butter. Allow it to melt, then add the onion. When onions are about cook add in garlic to cook for 20-30 seconds.
To your onion and garlic add lemon juice, zest, and pour in ¼ cup reserved water.
Return your cooked chicken to the pot.
Add pasta and toss until combined. (add more water if needed)
Last add in grated Parmesan and mix. Add more cheese as needed. Optional: serve with fresh parsley and sliced lemons.
- Start with a pot large enough to add your pasta to later.
- You can use any pasta you have on hand. For this recipe, I used whole wheat rotini pasta.
- When adding in your garlic do it last to help prevent it from burning
- I don't add all the water but like to reserve the full 1 cup so you can add more if needed.
Calories: 423kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 29gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 262mgPotassium: 449mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 397IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 131mgIron: 1mg