The Best Sour Cream and Chive Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds russet potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (cubed)
- ¼ cup fresh chive (minced)
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- Optional: if you prefer a thinner potato add milk until you have the desired consistency.
Start by washing, peeling, and dicing potatoes. Place them in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and allow them to cook until tender. Once tender drain water out and then return to stove top on low heat.
Add sour cream and butter and use a potato masher to mash potatoes. Add fresh minced chives, salt, and pepper and continue to mash. If you prefer a thinner mashed potato this is where you can add milk and continue to mash until you have the consistency you want. Once that is reached just serve and enjoy.
Calories: 264kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 5gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 495mgPotassium: 978mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 330IUVitamin C: 13.7mgCalcium: 56mgIron: 2mg