Dutch Apple Pie Bread
This Dutch Apple Pie Bread had diced apples folded in and topped with a buttery crumble then baked. It makes the perfect dessert or sweet breakfast served with fruit or yogurt.
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups green apples (diced and peeled)
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (cubed and cold)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a bread ban with non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper.
Use a stand mixer or hand mixer to cream together butter and sugar for bread. Add milk and egg then vanilla. Continue to mix until well combined.
In a separate bowl whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder. Slowly add this to your wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Fold in diced and peeled green apples.
For topping add all ingredients to a mixing bowl. Using clean hands use your fingers to pinch and mix until your topping is crumbly.
Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick can come out clean.
- Tip: I used a standard 9"x5" bread pan for this recipe.
- Overmixing could cause your bread to sink in when baking so be sure to just mix until your ingredients are combined.
- You can remove and cover with foil then continue to bake to prevent your topping from burning.
- How should I store my bread? Wrap your bread in foil or plastic wrap once cooled and leave on the counter for 2 days. To keep longer wrap well once cooked and then place in the refrigerator.
- Can I freeze this recipe? Yes to freeze this bread allow it to cool once cooked. Wrap it tightly with plastic wrap then place in a freezer-safe airtight container or in a large freezer bag. Keep in the freezer for 1-2 months.
- Can I use another type of apple? While I believe granny smith to be the best type of apple for this recipe you can use other types. Honeycrisp, gala, or even Fuji would work but could change the taste.
Serving: 1sliceCalories: 259kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 3gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 172mgPotassium: 91mgFiber: 1gSugar: 22gVitamin A: 337IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 33mgIron: 1mg